NeoAir

1:17 p.m. on May 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

Reading some different reviews. I want one even though I don't camp alot. (2-3 times a year) Looks like a descent price on sale here if anyones else is interested. http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm?PRODUCTS__ProductID=CA1499

8:04 p.m. on May 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

My review would be positive.

Use mine in my hammock and tent and have been impressed so far.

Yes....respectable price.

10:42 a.m. on May 30, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

Thanks. Most of the reviews seem to have postive comments about the comfort and negatives are mostly about price.

12:32 p.m. on May 30, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

Yes, I saw one of those pads in the outdoor shop here in Flagstaff last evening. Looks like it could be pretty comfortable. But I will stick to my trusty Ensolite pad that I have used for 32 years. They are cheap, and wear very well.

1:19 a.m. on June 1, 2010 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
134 forum posts

I have a neo. The ultimate lightweight pad/mattress for comfort. I can sleep through the night on it. Downside is durability. After one season a section of the innards delaminated and a "fat spot" formed in the pad. Casacade designs replaced it without question, but this is the only pad I've ever used that had a failure within its first year.

That said, I am busy giving the new pad a workout.

Is it the right pad/mattress for you? The sale price is a fair discount and if you seldom have a comfortable night's sleep when backpacking then this could be the solution. (BA air core, and exped down are heavier air mattresses, both comfortable though I prefer the neo). If you car camp and weight is not a consideration the thermarest camp rest is better yet. And if you can sleepsoundly on a hard surface then Gary's ensolite suggestion is spot on. Cheap, lightweight, and last forever.

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply