cold cold world

4:28 p.m. on August 26, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,291 forum posts

i just ordered their smallest pack, the ozone - basically a large daypack made for climbing, frameless, very simple design, very robust materials. i like that it's inexpensive and that they were willing to customize it (i added a few rows of daisy chains to the outside of it). I'm sure I will use it and review it eventually, but meanwhile, any experience with this company and their products?

thanks.

5:52 p.m. on August 26, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Haven't heard of that company.

Interesting though, can you roll or fold this pack down to a compact size?

How much does it weigh?

6:14 p.m. on August 26, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,291 forum posts

it weighs 2.4 pounds. i'm sure the heavy ballistic nylon material has something to do with that. it doesn't come with compression straps, but i'm willing to bet they would attach a set if someone asks. i have gotten tired of seeing ultralight packs and materials get holes in them, but i like the simplicity you often get with ultralight designs. i also looked at CiloGear, another one that seems durable but isn't exactly lightweight either.

9:36 p.m. on August 26, 2010 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

Cold Cold World products are a favorite of climbers. Super bomber. Simple and robust. Let us know what you think when you get it.

September 3, 2014
Quick Reply