Bobble

5:14 p.m. on September 15, 2010 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
39 forum posts

I was in the grocery and saw something called "bobble," which is essentially a point-of-use carbon based filter (not purifier). There seems to be a great surge of advertisement on the 'net, but no technical data at first glance. I'm thinking that since this is good for filtering chlorine, it may be good in combination with Aquamira Water Treatment Solution.. has anyone used this thing, and/or know if you can use the replacement filter with any standard plastic threaded pop bottle?

8:45 p.m. on September 16, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,993 forum posts

I hadn't heard of that bottle company before, but just checked out their site, which you're right is devoid of technical data.

It looks like another in-bottle carbon filter set up. These devices seem to be getting more and more popular. Camelbak introduced one at OR. There are quite a few of them.

Is this one on a glass bottle? I couldn't tell.

They probably have a place for everyday life if you just want to filter tap water for taste. It might make you feel better about drinking out of a public water fountain too.

But, I wonder if anyone out there gets confused and thinks these would work for hiking.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply