Timberline 4 -Florida?

9:34 a.m. on September 26, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Greetings:

Most of our camping for now is Dec..-Mar. when it is cooler- hi's in the mid 70's low humidity and cooler at night mid 60's here in FL- some colder weather occurs upper 40's-50's maybe for a week or two.. Three of use (little one) . Maybe some late spring camping in a year or so. So I'm looking for a 3 season that we will use for car camping. Florida also can have winds and gusts like anywhere else. Also we have a rainy season. That being said, the tent I buy needs to function in these conditions.

With three of us and some gear inside, I was concerned about the space inside the Timberline 4.

I am currently also researching the Big Agnes Pine Island 4..

If anyone has experience with this tent or similar and would reccomend through experience, a tent for camping in Florida- please do.

Dutch

9:12 a.m. on September 27, 2010 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Make sure the tent fits your needs. Is there enough head room? Free standing or does it have to be staked out? # of doors? Fiberglass or aluminum poles? Rainfly or single skin?

To many people complain about a tent being non freestanding or that they cant sit up in it. Do your research before you buy. Set it up inside the store. Dont ask, just do it! You will get weird looks, but it is your money that you are spending. Make sure you get the right tent. That fits your needs.

6:59 a.m. on October 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

thanks

5:23 a.m. on October 9, 2010 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
204 forum posts

My Mountain Hardware Light Wedge 3 does well in Florida. I strongly recommend a ground cloth AND seam sealer! especially on the bottom... a few times we've pitched the tent in "boggy" areas and we kinda sank in the mud a bit and woke up to a lot of moisture inside the tent!

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply