What Jacket ?!

11:27 a.m. on September 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hi Guys

i have recently been getting more and more involved in hiking and over the summer i was going every weekend! Now its getting colder and all around more dismal i dont want to be forced to stop hiking.

Im looking to buy a good quality jacket that will keep me warm and dry on a cold and wet day. i dont want to be spending £200 and get something rubbish so can anyone tell me if any of these jackets are good?

The North Face Jackets

Berghaus Jackets

i have a voucher for that site so i would love to get it from there.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated..

Thanks

7:43 p.m. on September 29, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,439 reviewer rep
1,300 forum posts

gore tex paclite is a good product. i saw a berghaus jacket made out of that on that website you linked.

4:55 a.m. on September 30, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks mate, was this the one you are talking about? i love the look and it seems like quite good value?

http://www.blacks.co.uk/product/042350/brg-dru-jacket-.html

Thanks

12:53 p.m. on September 30, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,846 reviewer rep
1,317 forum posts

From that site:

Mountain Hardwear Men's Argon Jacket

I have this jacket and like it alot. I use it pretty much late fall and all of winter for hiking, snowshoeing, and dog sledding. Fits great, warm, and very waterproof. Breathes ok, if your familiar with gore-tex, you already know the limitations of the breathability claims. But the pit zips help with this.

I can't really speak for any of the other brands on that site as I have no experience with them. TNF products can be hit or miss nowadays sadly from what I hear.

I have been very happy with my Argon Jacket though, and would highly recommend it. I noticed that web site doesn't have a very good description of alot of products. If you havn't already, you can search on other places online to get a much better description of the item.

October 31, 2014
Quick Reply