The North Face Primero pack trouble

1:43 p.m. on October 15, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hello all! Sorry about my poor English. Not so long ago I was bought a TNF Primero backpack. After the first hike broke the plastic corner in the frame (X Radial™ frame). Small load. Careful handling. Very disappointed. Anyone know where I can buy a spare plastic corner online?

5:55 p.m. on October 15, 2010 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,765 forum posts

Go to their website- www.thenorthface.com

10:27 p.m. on October 15, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,082 forum posts

Did you buy it on ebay?

(and your english is great)

10:18 p.m. on October 16, 2010 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Hope you did not buy a spin off.If it is a "real" TNF they will most likely take care of the problem.Contact them.

4:18 a.m. on October 17, 2010 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,765 forum posts

Vlad, in case you aren't sure, what pillowthread and skimanjohn are getting at is that there is a large amount of counterfeit North Face clothing and gear such as backpacks offered for sale on the Internet, often on eBay. The company tries to prevent this from happening, but it is very hard to control. Generally speaking, TNF gear is well made, so a piece breaking on a pack is somewhat unusual. This does not mean your pack is a counterfeit, but could be.

Regardless, I would contact North Face and they will probably have replacement parts you can buy, if they determine it isn't authentic and not covered by a warranty. If you bought it at a store, I'd take it back and complain to them.

4:08 p.m. on October 22, 2010 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

Go to their website- www.thenorthface.com

Ive been there and done that (both sides of the boarder) DONT BOTHER!

Just call TNF warranty dept.  They replaced a top of a backpack for me at NO charge.  I made it clear to them that it was my fault not theirs and they still didnt wanna charge me anything.  They sent it Puralator for free as well...was in my hands in two days.

BTW...what color is your pack?

4:09 p.m. on October 22, 2010 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

Hope you did not buy a spin off.If it is a "real" TNF they will most likely take care of the problem.Contact them.

^ I couldn't agree more!

4:20 p.m. on October 22, 2010 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

^^^ "Generally speaking, TNF gear is well made, so a piece breaking on a pack is somewhat unusual. This does not mean your pack is a counterfeit, but could be." 

Sorry, but I have had many, many issues with TNF...including pacs.  Just call TNF. 

I have had many many issues with TNF.  They used to make things a lot better.  Since the 'Big box' (Sportschek) stores now carry TNF...the quality has been comprimised!  TNF 'fasion' apparel doesn't lend itself to quality in workmanship but rather on cranking out whatever the public wants in mass quantities.  TNF Neptuse Vest (Black puffy) is sooo popular.  You see everyone wearing them...or a version of it.  The vest is sold bt TNF in 700 fill but the big-box stores sell it for less but can because it is only 550 fill.  Do they tell you that there are two different versions?  NO!...they expect that consumers are smart enough to know they are getting what they pay for.  TNF has been riding it's "Brand" for too long.  However, that is a new thread and I dont wanna get off topic. 

December 27, 2014
Quick Reply