About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Cactus Climbing Gear?

10:37 p.m. on October 20, 2010 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I love the "old-school" construction and look of the Cactus Climbing Miklat and wondered if anyone out there has experience with this or possibly their other mid-size pack, the Vacuole? Cheers, Bob

8:31 a.m. on October 25, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,918 forum posts

Sorry I can't help you, Bob.

However, thanks for bringing a new pack brand to my attention. I'll be sure to add Cactuc Climbing to our directory of outdoor gear brands for review and info: http://www.trailspace.com/gear/brands/

5:24 p.m. on October 25, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,264 reviewer rep
1,254 forum posts

No experience with that backpack, but i fully understand why you like the design.  as a domestic alternative, you might consider cold cold world.  the cold cold world ozone is along the same lines - similar size, no frame, heavy-duty ballistic nylon, very simple (single strap closure, no compression straps).  I picked one up late summer and recently reviewed it on this site.  it's great, and a bargain.  they have a similar sized pack with a few more features, the valdez.    http://www.trailspace.com/gear/cold-cold-world/ozone/review/20955/ 

7:58 a.m. on October 26, 2010 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Thanks to both of you.

9:26 p.m. on October 26, 2010 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
318 forum posts

p1120163t.jpg&t=1

Is this the back pack? Found it on the internet. Looks like an internal frame pack to me.

7:46 p.m. on October 27, 2010 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

It might be. There are pictures on the Cactus site. I'm wondering if anyone has ever used one.

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply