ASOLO Titan GTX / GV ??

12:45 p.m. on November 16, 2010 (EST)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

Hi Friends,

I am trying to figure out if I have the Bad Titan Mountaineering boot or the redesigned boot before we head to Rainier next summer.

The original Titan was prone to early failure. (see TS reviews)

I have done a search and can only find the Titan GV on our Gear Reviews. My boot has a toungue tag saying Titan GTX. Is this the same boot?

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

7:55 p.m. on November 18, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,103 forum posts

Yes, it's the same boot. I've found that retailers sometimes tweak how they name their products, especially the abbreviations for technology (like that for Gore-Tex).

It's even possible to see a product named something slightly different (ex. GV vs GTX) on the product itself, its hang tags, even in a catalog or on a website. And those are just ways the actual manufacturer is naming it in print. They're not always 100 percent consistent.

I suggest you contact Asolo/Lowe Alpine to find out what model year/version you have of the boots. Products can be identical year to year or go through a major redesign from one year to the next, all while having the same name and even the same look.

Asolo USA
190 Hanover Street
Lebanon, NH 03766
tel. 603-448-8827
e-mail asolo@asolo-usa.com

Have fun planning for Rainier next year.

9:01 a.m. on November 19, 2010 (EST)
171 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

If your problem ever happens in the heel like mine did, (the plastic part came unglued) I fixed it by drilling two holes in the sole and putting screws afteward with an epoxy glue. Although my boot is a Kaylang revolution I think the repair would work. I've also done it in a pair of K1 from kayland as a precaution. It make the heel reception harder at fist, but a gel sole fixed that probem.

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply