Neoshell

10:03 p.m. on November 16, 2010 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts
11:18 a.m. on November 19, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see.  My experience has been that any waterproof/breathable garment works fine for my wife.  None of them work for me.

For heavy sweaters like me the breathability of the garment will never be sufficient to get rid of the sweat accumulating underneath the garment....even if it isn't waterproof.  It could be made of mosquito netting and I'd still be soaking wet, raining or not.

I use a rain jacket to keep the cold rain from getting inside so I have a better chance of staying warm.  I've long ago given up staying dry inside the garment. 

The closest I've come staying dry inside is with driducks.  I can stay reasonably dry for a slow flat walk of about 5 blocks in the rain without a pack.  After that I can feel the wetness and, eventually, the sweat willl be running down the inside of the sleeves. 

5:12 p.m. on January 27, 2011 (EST)
17 reviewer rep
14 forum posts

Neoshell looks amazing (if all the info I've heard is correct) it is 2x as breathable as eVent which is already 2x as breathable as Gore-tex. I'm saving up for a Westcomb Apoc jacket and will probably (as long as the reviews look good) buy next fall or winter. It also is (supposedly) stretchy like a softshell. If your wondering I do not work for Polartec.

10:31 a.m. on January 28, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

If it comes close to what they promise, it does look amazing. But there isn't much chance I will be dropping the cash for it anytime soon.

3:54 p.m. on January 28, 2011 (EST)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

We'll see how it performs...I am one who is willing to pay a buck to keep dry, not a big fan of getting soaked either from inside the shell or outside the shell.  Personally I don't find Gore Proshell to be all that bad, except during a warm humid rainy day in the Smokies, then it does tend to get a bit stuffy, but at least I am not soaked  from the rain.

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply