3 man tent selection

10:28 p.m. on December 7, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I was having a chat with a few friends and the topic of tents came up.

Which is the best of these two tents 1) Sierra Designs  Alpha  tent or

2) North Face  Stratos tent ????? 

Weight is NOT a consideration, my girlfriend has legs like a lumberjack and carries all the heavy stuff, including my beer.

Design,  construction,  durability and function are whats important. 

cheers,  dp.

my email is espiritusengineering@yahoo.com

11:26 p.m. on December 7, 2010 (EST)
225 reviewer rep
4,359 forum posts

Check the Trailpsace gear review at the following links for the North Face Tent and the Sierra Dsigns Alpha 3 or just go to Gear Reviews above and look by name.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/the-north-face/stratos/

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/sierra-designs/alpha-3-convertible/

10:15 a.m. on December 8, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I've read the reviews here and a couple other places.  One thing about reviews however.  A person make speak glowingly or not,  based on a single experience.  People are like that.  Their experience may be with only one of these tents.  I'm not trying to start an argument here or anywhere else.  I was hoping that there would be several people on this forum that had experience with BOTH of these obviously fine items. 

In response to several questions of bringing alcohol  into the wilderness.... I desire  to clear the air up about my beer on my numerous and lengthy hiking trips.  I am NOT a male chauvinist NOR a polluter.  I believe in sharing the load  with my "honey bunny" and  also keeping the enviroment unsullied.   I willingly and gladly do my part in both respects.  The dangerous, difficult  and onerous job of carrying  the  crushed empties home,  falls to me.

December 26, 2014
Quick Reply