Reviews of stuff that cant be reviewed

1:55 p.m. on January 21, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Guy line runners...Hilleberg, Akto?
100_0308.jpg
These little babies I bought off of ebay. They seem to be the same ones used on Hilleberg tents. I have replaced all mine on all my tents and tarp. They are so easy to adjust, just spread out the end and slide. Plus they weigh half of the ones that were on the tents. They weigh somewhere between .0-.1 oz. Their ease of use and weight make them a MUST!

Heres another

This is a noname folding chair. Once again found it on Ebay. I have used it in all conditions, sand, mud, and dry surfices. One year and no show of wear yet. It weighs 1 lb 3.1 oz. A little heavy but it has been a work horse. That being said I only weigh 150 lbs. It is 10"H x 10"W x 7"D and folds to 7x7x1 inch. The webing and constuction is as tight as the day I got it. Realy a great find for me

100_0310.jpg

100_0311.jpg

100_0303.jpg
This shows the chair in the sand. And my hat is sitting on my new noname treking pole. That will wait for later as I just picked it up for $8.

4:54 p.m. on January 21, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,083 forum posts

Nice items, especially the guy line runners.  What did you type in the search engine for the above items?

6:24 p.m. on January 21, 2011 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,349 forum posts

I have seen those folding chairs, they are really nice!

6:48 a.m. on January 22, 2011 (EST)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Alan, I asked for Hilleberg, Guy line runners. Thats after I found them on ebay for less than .35 each. I picked up 26 of the little buggers. One seller has 3 sizes of them. They are very cool.

I look all over the internet for camping gear. If I find something cheap enough I take the risk and buy it. Looking at it this way, how many companies can there be for this small market? Not many. I'm now waiting on a Phienx (sp) alchol stove with a very cool folding stand. Its coming from china. Should be here in a month and a half. :) The stand is something I've never seen on the market before. And for a buddy of mine I picked up a Newsield 2 man tent. Cant wait to set it up and check it out.

Gary, It is one strong little chair. Once again a leap of faith that paned out for me.

I was wondering if anybody else has any noname or other cool gear.

Feel free to highjack this thread. :)

4:10 p.m. on January 28, 2011 (EST)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

I like the little folding chair!  Found it on ebay huh?  I think I will have to look into those, a hair over a pound isn't too bad, granted lighter would be better, but a chair would be a luxury item and quite possibly worth the extra pound!

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply