Maniago Knives

4:38 p.m. on January 22, 2011 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

004.jpg

Some of the best knives I have come from a town in Maniago, Italy. There are a number of factories in this northern town that is at the foothills of the Italian Alps. Type in Maniago Knives on your search engine and various sites pop up for purchasing. The above knives I have had for about 10 years and they are excellent. I use them while fishing, camping and hiking. The handles are antler and mountain goat horn. I believe they cost about 100 dollars each back then. Does anybody else like to post their favorite knives? Or have their own suggestions on quality?

4:56 p.m. on January 22, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Al Mar knives prior to the sale of his name to a japanese manufatcurer...If you can get an original tanto..Best I found for the money.Mine was given to me early 80's after a family member went to a private Convention in Vegas.

6:59 p.m. on January 22, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,308 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

C46GPBK-front.jpg
The stock photo above is an exact example of my current EDC, a Spyderco C46 Bob Lum Tanto folder. Only about a hundred or so were sold with the above blade/handle combination, plain edge, coated VG-10 steel, G-10 handle.

I've had Strider owners throw their SMF's at me, trying to trade, when they see this knife...silly rabbit...

However, if anyone has an automatic Extrema Ratio they want to part with...

8:24 p.m. on January 22, 2011 (EST)
210 reviewer rep
4,243 forum posts

Beautiful knife designs!

11:51 a.m. on January 24, 2011 (EST)
171 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

I have a petzl spatha and my river shorty from Gerber. Both work well for what I have to do in general.

12:51 p.m. on January 24, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Have to say you both have some nice knives.Spyderco is what my friend carries..Loves it.....

6:02 p.m. on January 24, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

I have a couple Esee (formerly R.A.T. cutlery) knives that I carry when hiking or camping. I really like fixed blades for wilderness activities. My EDC is a sweet little assisted open Ken Onion from wally world.  

http://www.eseeknives.com/index2.htm

RC-3

ESEE-3.jpg

Junglas 10" for batoning wood

junglas1.jpg

October 30, 2014
Quick Reply