Found some good winter clearence deals

4:35 p.m. on February 19, 2011 (EST)
36 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

Hi all,

Stumbled upon some great deals this week at some brick and mortar stores in my area. Guess they need to make room for their Spring stuff.

-My local Dick's sporting goods has some fantastic deals on Patagonia, MH and Marmot. Picked up a MH Windstopper jacket for $50.00  (usually around $150.00) and a Patogonia fleece for $20.00.

-EB is clearing out all their FA stuff. My GF got a couple of their fleeces for $10.00 a piece.

2:24 a.m. on February 20, 2011 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

Congrats on the great score.

For those here on the west coast I wanted to say that stopping at the used gear store in Bishop, CA is worth a look around. I've yet to figure out how they go about setting there prices but good deals can be had. Some of there items are priced as high as new, some very cheap, and even a free rack like you would see for thru hikers. Last fall they had an entire rack of fleece jackets with names like Patagonia and North Face under $20.

2:14 p.m. on February 20, 2011 (EST)
36 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

Should of mentioned that I found these deals in the 'burbs in the Chicago area.

2:17 p.m. on February 20, 2011 (EST)
36 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

Sweet deals. Man I wish the Salvation Army/Good Will stores around me had that kind of stuff.

7:55 a.m. on February 21, 2011 (EST)
121 reviewer rep
590 forum posts

nice catch on the First Ascent gear too - that stuff is legit, I own a few pieces of gear from them, and I have to say $10 for one of their fleeces is a great deal.

4:12 p.m. on February 27, 2011 (EST)
36 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

Yeah not too bad. And I happen to like their FA stuff. Have several pieces I've  gotten on clearence super cheap at EB and the way I see it. Just pack it away forget about it and when fall/winter roll around you're good to go and don't need to buy and new gear.

But who am I kidding I'm sure when fall rolls around I be salivating for something new. 

September 17, 2014
Quick Reply