Deals on Steep & Cheap Awesome Lately

4:04 p.m. on February 22, 2011 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Just wanted folks to know there have been some killer deals on Steep and Cheap lately. Just a few of the items I've seen lately:

Sierra Designs down jacket $85 (up now)

Kelty 2 Person backpacking ten $70

Mountain Hardwear Softshel Jacket $60

Mountain Hardware WPB shell jacket $65

Stoic Luft down Jacket $65

Outdoor Research Dry Bags $7

Wool Baselayer $30

I don't know what brought about all of the quality gear hitting lately, but its pretty sweet. Over the summer and fall I had pretty much quit looking because all they ever had was fashion crap and sunglasses, which was a total waste of time.  This new trend, however, is great.

4:56 p.m. on February 22, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

I love Steep&Cheap.com! I've noticed their offerings have good and bad swings as well, but love catching the really rare deals that only come up once or twice. I've been seeing an MSR Carbon Reflex 2 on there as of late for $260, at 50% off. That makes it an incredible deal for the weight and protection you get.

I monitor S&C and like 10 other similar sites through this page: Cleansnipe.com

1:23 p.m. on March 9, 2011 (EST)
36 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

I got a synthetic Stoic Luft of S&C and I have to say I absolutely love that thing. S&C seems to be a mixed bag sometimes. They'll go from selling awesome camping gear to absurd tacticool garbage like a spear head you screw onto a broom stick.

Another good place to check out is TheClymb.com. I just got a GoLite Pinnacle from there for $75. The only negative thing I can say about them so far is that shipping takes forever. It's invite only, they use a referral system where you invite people and if that person buys something the person that invited them gets a $10 credit on their first purchase. Here's my referral link if anyone is interested. Once you're in, you can invite people as well.

1:40 p.m. on March 9, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Thanks for the cleansnipe.com link, it looks interesting.  I've stopped looking at these sites as I tended to buy too many 'too good of a deal to pass up' items.  However I wear my backcountry wool tops all winter long.  For the price there were a bargain.  I do try to hold out for 50% off or more.

10:43 a.m. on March 10, 2011 (EST)
141 reviewer rep
218 forum posts

Steep and Cheap goes through swings. Sometimes they have nothing but sun glasses. Then ski gear. When they get on backpacking gear roll, they can have some really good deals. I have bought knives and jackets from them. I am going to buy a Stoic Down sleeping bag this summer. They usually have them on there for 50% or more off in the summer time.

4:11 p.m. on March 10, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Kudos on ThyClymb. I use it regularly. S/C is usually a shot in the dark. Everything from mountainbikes to sunglasses. I like that TheClymb sends me emails. Maybe S/C has this option but with the way their selection runs I may just be to lazy to look. :)

4:14 p.m. on March 10, 2011 (EST)
120 reviewer rep
137 forum posts

gearscan.com and spadout.com also monitor all of the deal sites each day.  leftlanesports.com is actually my favorite of any of them.  if you love steep and cheap, check out leftlanesports.  you wont be dissappointed!

4:47 p.m. on March 10, 2011 (EST)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

gearscan.com and spadout.com also monitor all of the deal sites each day.  leftlanesports.com is actually my favorite of any of them.  if you love steep and cheap, check out leftlanesports.  you wont be dissappointed!

ghost- good call on spadout.com...I actually chat with fellow climbers on it ON FB. always have cool atricles..Spot on!

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply