Snow Leopard Backpack

2:30 a.m. on March 5, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I've been looking for a Snow Leopard (size L) Backpack to replace mine for years. Anyone have an idea where to find one ?

4:41 a.m. on March 5, 2011 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I found this site, but I am not sure if this is the correct snow leopard backpack you are looking for, or if you willling to buy online.

www.theultimategreenstore.com

11:01 a.m. on March 5, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks for the info. I should have specified the North Face Snow Leopard. It was made back in 1987. There is a new backpack out by another company that in now called the snow leopard also, but a completley different pack. I appreciate the reply and if you should discover any other leads please let me know.

Thanks again for the reply

7:36 p.m. on March 6, 2011 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,283 forum posts

I used a snow leopard from the mid-1980's until a few years ago.  North Face doesn't make anything like it today, and the pack has been out of production for years.  your best bet will be craigslist or ebay, EG:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/spo/2188171724.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-North-Face-Snow-Leopard-Backpack-/110656120793

obviously, make sure the packs for sale fit your torso length.  Note that the snow leopard for sale on Ebay doesn't have a separate sleeping bag compartment like mine did (with a barrier with a zipper that could be opened, creating one very large internal space in the pack); rather, it has a zipper lengthwise along the side.  i think North Face made a Snow Leopard II that may have swapped the size zipper for the sleeping bag compartment. 

during my search for a replacement, the packs that seemed closest in terms of size, fit and features were the Osprey Crescent 110 (now the Osprey Argon 110), the Gregory Denali Pro, and the Mystery Ranch G6000 or G7000.  arcteryx makes packs of similar carrying capacity - i didn't look hard at them, tried one on and just couldn't get it to fit right for me.  (i would have considered a used Dana Design backpack, but Mystery Ranch is effectively a similar but improved design by the same person who founded Dana.  I also didn't delve into the large mchale backpacks - the expensive of a custom-made pack seemed unreasonable, though i hear they are very good).  they all seem like good options.  i ended up with a mystery ranch G6000, reviewed on this site. 

11:59 a.m. on March 20, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Howdy.  Remarkably, I have a men's Snow Leopard High Capacity, size Large that I was about to sell on Craigslist.  I bought it new in Maryland 1n 1990 for $325.  I was going to google around to see how much I might ask for it when I came across your post.

It is in good shape.  There is only one issue with it that I know of which has to do with the snaps that hold the aluminum stays in place.  I've used it a lot even with this issue and can't tell the difference, but want to be open about everything.

I live in the Washington, DC area and was hoping to clear $90 dollars on he sale.  Let me know if you are interested.

Tim
DSC_0003.jpg

11:09 a.m. on May 27, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I just found this post (over a month old).

Are you still in the market for a North Face Snow Leopard backpack?

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply