About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Topeak tent...

1:47 a.m. on April 11, 2011 (EDT)
30 reviewer rep
145 forum posts

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you have seen this tent in action.

It is the Topeak Bike Camper... yeah...I know I said bike camper but this thing looks good.

Bikamper_EXP.jpg
I know a lot of us use our camping gear for touring and I figured that that could be practiced in reverse.  This thing weighs just over two pounds,which is light, and uses inner tubes for support.  It is a single wall with no fly.  So has anyone used one?

http://www.topeak.com/products/Tent/BikamperEXP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVoKDH-2Cjs&feature=related

6:25 a.m. on April 11, 2011 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
582 forum posts

looks interesting. I'm not a biker though, so I haven't heard of this brand before.

9:12 a.m. on April 11, 2011 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

I'm not a big fan of single wall tents. Nor a fan of inflatables of any kind on the trail.  It seems to me that one very small puncture and the whole thing fails. Had a air pad one time, had to fix it after 6 trips. I got rid of it for a closed fom pad.

9:40 a.m. on April 11, 2011 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Mike I agree with ya on the whole inflatable thing. I have heard that the Nemo ARs are pretty solid and the baffles are hard to puncture though. I personally am 100% aluminum. I use a closed cell pad as well. Maybe its just the peace of mind factor for me.

12:54 p.m. on April 11, 2011 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I meant beams not baffles. It was early.

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply