Hip belt question for Dana Design backpack guru's

10:18 p.m. on April 27, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

I just bought a Dana  pack but not sure about the hip belt size wise.  Do you know if a Arcflex Astraplane belt will fit the Arcflex Terraplane?  Is there any difference in the models of belts if they are interchangable? 

Thanks

2:30 p.m. on April 29, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,439 reviewer rep
1,292 forum posts

i recently tried to figure out if i could replace the hipbelt on a dana bridger that i had for a number of years, rather than replacing the backpack.  i could not find an old Dana hipbelt easily, but i learned that the Mystery Ranch hipbelts don't work with the old Dana backpacks - or, at least, that Mystery Ranch won't recommend it. 

2:44 p.m. on April 29, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
392 forum posts

All belts from ArcFlex models are interchangeable. You can take a medium belt off a Terraplane and use it on an Astralplane that originally had a large belt. Same size swaps and so on are all possible (if one is damaged or something). When I've done this, I've tried to match up the year, or era, the pack was made, though. Meaning, every year, or every couple of years, they changed fabrics, foams, etc.

It works for all their series of packs. ArcLight belts are swapable. Killer B series are swapable.

Not that you asked, but the same goes for Ospreys from the 90s. If you can't find someone to sell a belt to you, maybe you can find someone to swap belts with you. I have an ad up in the classifieds for such a deal.

2:48 p.m. on April 29, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

Thanks Zeno, Leadbelly

September 20, 2014
Quick Reply