Callpod Fueltank Duo-Dependable portable power?

9:18 p.m. on May 17, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

So I was looking thru the BP 2011 Gear Guide and I keep coming back to a product that has my attention. The Callpod Fueltank Duo.

I am really considering snagging this unit up. It is basically a lithium ion battery pack that ya charge at home and take with ya to recharge cell phones etc. I was thinking for $70 it may not be a bad idea to keep for a week long trip in the pack. From what I have read it holds 8x the power of your typical cell phone battery and you can get 4+ full charges out of it when used with a phone. There is also a smaller unit(Uno) that basically cuts the specs in half.

My question is has anyone actually used this unit or have any type of hands on with it? I think its a pretty good deal if it works as its suppose to. Solar panels are great but sometime the sun isn't at its full potential not to mention I think it would be alot easier to "charge on the go." Also its not overly heavy at 8oz.

It can charge a GPS, Ipod, and a whole slew of other gizmos(just buy the right adapter.)

For those unfamiliar with the unit check out the link below.

Thanks everyone for any feedback or for just takin a look.

http://www.callpod.com/products/fueltank

7:55 p.m. on May 20, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I may just order one and hope for the best... For some odd reason this thread isn't showing up on the main. Guess that might be why there are no responses. Hmmmmm...

July 23, 2014
Quick Reply