backcoutry Edge

11:31 p.m. on June 2, 2011 (EDT)
284 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I bought 2 GSI stainless Steel 1 L water bottles from this company in October.  On there website they give 60 day warranty.  I was cleaning my bottles when I found both were rusting from the outside.  I sent them a email not to complain about there company, but GSI stainless steel bottles.  They told me they were sorry and were sending me new bottles, this time plastic at no charge.  I just wanted to let everyone know they work with there customers.  I didn't ask for or expected anything from them.

4:02 p.m. on June 3, 2011 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Stainless is the key word, not rustless, BUT that should have lasted.  Stainless does come in many grades of stainless ability.

9:17 p.m. on June 3, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I purchased my Copper Spur from Backcountry Edge. Pretty cool people. Talked to them on the phone about an inquiry regarding some gear and we ended up bsing about trails and what not. Very down to Earth. They are here in Pa. I may take a trip out there to check them out in the not too distant future.

11:01 a.m. on June 4, 2011 (EDT)
284 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

They sent me tracking number for the items there sending, I'll buy from them again.  The stainless steel was 18/8 rated, which is cooking grade I guess.  Bottom line, made in china.  I will try to buy only US or Europe only, I know I'll pay more, but I should keep problems down to a minimum.

9:31 p.m. on June 9, 2011 (EDT)
284 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

This is a follow up about Backcountry Edge, they did send me the bottles which make me happy, because I would have understand if they didn't because warranty was over, I did get a email from GSI today and they told me that they will send me 2 Stainless bottles, the bad person in me wanted to tell them to send it, but the good won this time and I told them to give it to Backcountry Edge because they back there company and I couldn't live with myself.  The bottom line is Backcountry Edge and GSI both backup there product.

6:15 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

I don't want to get started on this ... but:

Chinese = JUNK

Other than men's tailored suits and shirts, made in Hong Kong, while still under the British flag.

~r2~

9:13 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
284 reviewer rep
140 forum posts

I agree with you, I read information on the gear section and what kind of reviews each item has, but this doesn't work all the time.  Maybe a section should be used for items more than 1 year old, give it a new review at this point.  It may not work for shoes and boots, but it would be nice to see pictures after 1 year or 1000 miles.  I went to REI and check some boots and shoes out and I was told 400 miles is good.  I don't think so, but I feel you must spend 200 or more for boots if they're going to last.

August 23, 2014
Quick Reply