About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

$3200 Portable Fireplace ~ You know you want one!

8:40 a.m. on June 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

At 55 lbs, you'll likely not be backpacking this mutha.   But, think of the possibilities ....

http://www.unicahome.com/p42914/travelmate-portable-fireplace-by-conmoto

p.s. -- If your browser  linking only gets you as far as the Unicahome home-page, type in "portable fireplace" in the "FIND" box, where it says, "enter keyword" (upper-left).

~r2~

2:42 p.m. on June 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

WOW!  LOL! 

This is the blurb. Sounds like it's out of one of those high end gadget catalogs.

travelmate portable fireplace by conmoto is made of black powder-coated steel and glass with adjustable steel fuel-holder, burns on bio-ethanol liquid fuel. liquid fuel not included

Isn't most ethanol biologically produced? Also doesn't alcohol burn nearly invisible? I don't remember it burning like the picture.

the traveling fire, the technology of smokeless fire combined with a weather resistant powder coating offers one thing in particular: releasing the fire from being in a fixed place in the home.

You have released the fire hazard! I always thought the fire should be in a fixed place. Most people call the fire department if it's gotten loose.

travelmate makes it possible to set up an individual, full-value fireplace and source of heat that really sets the mood, with no complications and wherever you want it, on the carpet, on the dining table, nest to the sofa, on the terrace, or in the garden, now the atmosphere of the fireside can be enjoyed anywhere.

The person who wrote this has never tripped over anything or observed children running around a house.  I can see some drunk redneck setting a fire in his living room just to prove "he don't need no 3200 dollar fire box" to have a fire anywhere. Oh yea, the dining table?? Really?

the formal design as a stylized suitcase unmistakably conveys the notion that this is an item not bound to any fixed location. a cheerful fire blazing in the unit completes the concept of a fireplace that really wants to be free of its shackles. the glass pane, with is held on with magnets, is only removed in order to light the fire. once the glass pane has been replaced, the fuel tank can be opened and closed, using the stainless steel slide at the front of the fireplace, thereby allowing the flames to be regulated from the outside.

dimensions:: 20” h x 28” w x 8” d, 55 lbs.

this item is sometimes stocked.

to see more fireplaces, please click here.

Sounds like you should have made it in the shape of a butterfly.

Delivery Time: 1-2 weeks (Quick! Overnight if Needed)shippingQuick.gif
Delivery Time: 4-6 weeksshippingDefault.gif

And for the guy who just found out that blonde he's going out with tomorrow, likes snuggling by the fire place, one day shipping!

BTW r2 did you see the second pick in katie's pick- plaza ventless fireplace by sieger design?

6:27 p.m. on June 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

ocalacomputerguy said:

WOW!  LOL! 

BTW r2 did you see the second pick in katie's pick- plaza ventless fireplace by sieger design?

Yeah.   Never dated a German babe (yet).   But,  I never pay ... and, it's kinda 'late-in-the-game' for something like her paying me.

Oh, well ....

As the Stones sing, "You can't always get what you waa-ant ... but ... (yada-yada-yada)".

~r2~

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply