USA made hiking boots?

6:57 p.m. on June 8, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

well, im new to the forum, tried finding an outdoor forum that had a lot of people on it.. and even found some with forums bordering paranoia.. this however seems like a nice and sane outdoor forum

anyway.. im looking for some new outdoor boots.. waterproof, breathable.. would be nice of they had laces to get the right fit, and then a zipper for easy on and off... an insole i could remove and replace as needed would be nice too... and not TOO expensive.. like under $100 if possible

i like to help my own economy, my own fellow people, and i like to buy USA made products when i can.. and lately all i can find is "made in china" on everything.. so i was wondering if anyone knows of any good boot manufacturers that make boots like i described here in the US?

8:57 p.m. on June 8, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
387 forum posts

check this thread for ideas:

http://www.trailspace.com/forums/gear-selection/topics/87438.html

*good luck at $100.  that's a difficult pricepoint, especially for all the things you want out of a boot.  you might want to hit some military surplus stores for some Corcoran Paratrooper II boots or eBay for some 2nd hand boots.

10:49 p.m. on June 8, 2011 (EDT)
363 reviewer rep
130 forum posts
10:56 p.m. on June 8, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

aaw.. danner makes exactly what i want with the side zip uniform boot.. out of my price range right now though.. ill have to get something cheaper now, and save up for those to make them my last boot i buy in a long time (just pay for repairs when something goes wrong)

9:52 a.m. on June 9, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,057 forum posts

I have 2 pair of danners. one Matterhorn and the other is Mountain lite. great boots. They have a great warrenty and repair shop as well.

Also take a look at www.limmerboots.com

www.hoffmanboots.com   both are also american boot manufacturers and are expsensive. if your looking for Danners and know someone in the military. They can purchase a pair of danners you like within that price range or try ebay..

11:58 a.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,283 forum posts

not to be picky, but Limmer's non-custom boots are manufactured in Germany.  they are also going to be more expensive than Danner boots.  The boots are outstanding.

they don't have a zipper. 

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply