YAK PAK help and packing instructions, please

10:07 p.m. on June 24, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
396 forum posts

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the "how to pack a frameless pack" instructions that came with each Yak Pak that they would be willing to share.  I'm not saying that is the actual title of the pamphlet that came with the packs, but that is what the literature explained.  I have one page out of a catalog that has an "x-ray" view of the triangular weirdness that was somehow attached to the 3-eyelet apparatus sewn to the outer-inside of the pack body.  I'd like to find a better explanation of how all that internal stuff worked and how they recommended packing your gear.

Did the latter Yak Paks come with a modern Fastex belt buckle, or were they all of that aluminum "quick release" design that you'd find on a lot of the packs from the 70s?

Thanks for any help or leads to blogs or shared paperwork that offers further explanation.  I'm really curious.

10:37 p.m. on June 24, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,067 forum posts

Zeno this is what Chris McMaster from Ula equiptment sent. So I could learn to pack my Catalyse.  www.blackwoodspress.com

You can use it in the same manner and it explains it and he use's video. Hope this gives you an idea.

12:38 a.m. on June 25, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
396 forum posts

Thanks.  I'll check it out.

Some of the Yak Paks have integrated stuff sacks and strange triangular partitions that lace up on one side and then can be connected to the opposite side of the pack.  I'd like to see how they showed them in use.  I'm mostly sure how it would work, but I'd still like to see the official literature and hear from those who use(d) them.

October 21, 2014
Quick Reply