Great Deals

9:33 p.m. on July 5, 2011 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
599 forum posts

There are some great deals at Eddie Bauer right now for clothing that would help with those hikers and climbers who brave winter conditions.

I think everything is on sale, but some have more discounts than others. There are lots of really great deals on the First Ascent line right now. One example is a $100 fleece jacket that I got for $29. There is nothing left online except XXL in that jacket, but local Eddie Bauer's tend to have a better selection, which was where I had luck.

Also marked way down is a Rainier Storm Shell jacket, $100 off, and some down products that are nearly 50% off.

Why pay full price once weather gets cold again??

10:18 p.m. on July 5, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,247 reviewer rep
614 forum posts

I have had some really good luck with the first ascent line. I have the bc200 and the serrano, got both at the steals your talking bout iclimb. The serrano is particularily impressive and its on sale for 80 from 170!

8:07 p.m. on July 6, 2011 (EDT)
36 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

I picked up a First Ascent Sandstone jacket a couple weeks ago on sale. Over the 4th of July holiday they were discounting stuff up to 75% off. Picked up some cargo pants for like $10.00 (marked down from $50.00).

EB really has really come back from the dead (chapter 11) and recreated itself over the last couple of years. Back in the 90's and 2000's they were more about mainstream fashion and lending their name to SUVs than catering to the outdoormans. They finally realized what made them popular in the first place which is catering to the outdoor enthusiest.

I really like there FA line and they discount that stuff more heavily than North Face (which is more of fashion statement now than ever) or the other big names. Plus it's quality gear.....Hope more people catch on to it.

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply