REI Quarter Dome T2 or Kelty Salida 2

3:12 a.m. on July 6, 2011 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I'm trying to decide on a new, relatively light backpacking tent that's around $200.   These are two options that I've ended up with but if you have other brand suggestions that are around the same price range I'm open to ideas.  Does anyone have any experience with these two tents?  Which one would you choose?  I'm probably going to be using this tent only for soloing (but there is the remote possibility that someone else might get stuck in my tent).

9:45 p.m. on July 7, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

In case you haven't already read it. REI Dome T2,SeedhouseSL1 or MSR Hubba Hubba

9:04 a.m. on July 8, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Maybe take a look at the Marmot Twilight 2p.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/marmot/twilight-2p/

I am a big fan of tents that utilize a ridge pole(I spoke in reference to it on the thread ocala listed.)

But I do own domes(2) and the Twilight gets pretty good feedback and seems to be in your price range.

7:53 p.m. on July 18, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

My husband I use a Half-Dome 2+ and love it. We got the plus because of his size (6'4"). It is plenty roomy for us both with pockets in the corners for headlamps, watches, etc., plus a space overhead for storage. The poles fit easily together...we can assemble in just a few minutes. One con we discovered this weekend- if it rains, you need to hit the fly a bit to knock the rain off before unzipping or it could just spill right in!

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply