Info wanted on the North Face Condor Tent

4:11 p.m. on August 16, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

I see these pop up one ebay from time to time.  It's a vintage tent so there is not much in the way of real reviews out there.  I'm assuming that it's a 3 season tent.  Is the funky design a problem in the wind?  Just as sometimes when hanging around a campfire the smoke will follow you around, so shall the wind sometimes search out and find the weaknesses in a tent.  Any experiance with these tents both with your use, and or, what have you heard?

8:05 a.m. on August 17, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

http://www.mbstores.com/revnorfacper.html 

Reviewed by: Nick Chope, a Climber from Houghton, MI
Date Reviewed: 5/8/2001 10:41:08 AM

Overall Rating:4star.gifValueRating:4star.gif

Summary:
I actually have the Condor, though it is the same tent but with a 4-season design. I love the SPACE! You can cram 3 people in it - no problem and with 2 it's like a hotel. Setting it up takes a minutes or two, the curved pole sleeves snag on me a lot. The vestibules are a little small, but with all the space inside you only need to fit your pack in them anyway. The ventilation is fantastic! As well as the star gazing inside. The tent stakes are sturdy and the condor comes with 12! It's heavy and packs up rather big - those are my only complaints. It's waterproof as far as my use goes (haven't had a big downpour in it yet).

Similar Products Tried:
Marmot Hoot, Marmot Zenith, Sierra Designs Omega DC

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/condor-tent-by-the-north-face~p~88239/

Comfortable quarters for two plus gear. This freestanding vestibule tent was designed for all-season backpackers and moderate-winter campers. Dual doors with roomy vestibules facilitate separate exit and entry. Unique T-shaped floor plan allows gear to be stored inside and also outside under the fly. Taped seams on tent floor and fly offer unprecedented protection from water and moisture. Three aluminum, color-coded poles set up quickly through fully continuous sleeves, stabilizing tent against the forces of nature. Dual roof vents allow ventilation while controlling humidity. Zippered roof and door panels convert tent from a ventilated 3-season shelter to a snow-ready 4-season tent. 93x55x43". Area 39.7 sq.ft. (51 sq.ft. with vestibule). Packs to 7x21". 8 lb. 2nds. Taiwan.  

1:53 p.m. on August 17, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,237 forum posts

@ ocalacomputerguy :  Thanks.  I somtimes wonder if they issue the "Redneck" version of Goggle out here where I live in the sticks.  I Googled it and could not find a thing.  Maybe it's time for the old eyes to get glasses.

9:55 p.m. on August 17, 2011 (EDT)
227 reviewer rep
123 forum posts
September 19, 2014
Quick Reply