1:06 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

This is an interesting set-up.

http://www.ossbag.com/

1:24 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

It weights 5.6 lbs and stuffs into its own stuff sack - what's so innovative about that?  What am I missing?

1:25 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

oruacat2 said:

It weights 5.6 lbs and stuffs into its own stuff sack - what's so innovative about that?  What am I missing?

Lol, just thought it was different. It goes with the whole "if you make it someone will buy it logic."

It is a bit "bulky." You can also stuff your sleeping bag in there as well I guess.

The whole weight thing doesn't really bother me personally. Granted one of my shelters is a 3 season UL solo model but the whole desire for lighter and lighter is getting kinda ridiculous imho. Materials get thinner and less durable. Which in the long run will cause one to take a hit in how long said gear will last.

No worries, though. The manufacturer will be more than happy to sell you another one. 

Then there is the price tag with said gear. People got by just fine for many years with heavier gear. If ya exercise a bit a pound here n there doesn't make much of a difference. 

2:12 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Not very inpressed. Where are the specs? Other than weight.

2:18 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I thought it was kinda odd being it combines a tent and a bivy. 

I am still searching for specs. I agree there is a bit left to be desired from the info on their page. 

This is all I got so far:

• Top canopy mesh panels for ventilation and reduction of condensation. Ventilated adjustable zip foot portion.
• Two "D" door entry point. Dual vented vestibule rain-fly keeping gear and entrance dry.
• OSS-Guard 3K MM P.U. Waterproof layer with all heat taped sealed seams.
• 8” Bathtub floor to ensure no leaks. Keeps dry.
• OSS-Lyte aluminum poles are strong and light.
• Heavy duty YKK 5 zippers.
• Above head gear loft, interior gear storage and 2 side pockets keeps your adventure organized.
• Easy 1, 2, 3 set up with click lock rain-fly. Take down is simply stuff, cinch, compress and you are done.

Looks kinda odd in the pics though.

2:40 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

"The whole weight thing doesn't really bother me personally. Granted one of my shelters is a 3 season UL solo model but the whole desire for lighter and lighter is getting kinda ridiculous imho. Materials get thinner and less durable. Which in the long run will cause one to take a hit in how long said gear will last.

No worries, though. The manufacturer will be more than happy to sell you another one.

Then there is the price tag with said gear. People got by just fine for many years with heavier gear. If ya exercise a bit a pound here n there doesn't make much of a difference"

Spot on, IMHO

3:35 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

I'm sorry, but what exactly is the difference here? Just buy a larger stuff sack if you want to fit your sleeping bag , pad, and tent in the same bag.

It takes the same amount of time to pack everything individually. This is just a marketing gimmick IMO, there is nothing special about it at all. You still have to remove the rain fly, take out the poles, and stuff. Don't you have to do that with a tent anyway?

3:38 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

TheRambler said:

I'm sorry, but what exactly is the difference here? Just buy a larger stuff sack if you want to fit your sleeping bag , pad, and tent in the same bag.

It takes the same amount of time to pack everything individually. This is just a marketing gimmick IMO, there is nothing special about it at all. You still have to remove the rain fly, take out the poles, and stuff. Don't you have to do that with a tent anyway?

exactly.... When I first hit on this thing I was like hmmm, maybe it has a shoulder harness/hipbelt. That could be nice if done right. But it didn't... Fail.

4:33 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

It hit me as combing the worst of both worlds, the claustrophobic feeling a bivi, with the weight of a tent.  I think you hit it, Rick, that this is the spawn of someone really enamored with their idea, and needed to bring it to life despite what others may think.  (probably related to the guy who invented those pocket knives that has the knife, fork and spoon all on the same implement.)

Ed

4:41 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

What I think would be cool is to have a bivy sack that combined a self-inflating sleeping pad, 20 degree bag and used the "air beam" type support. All you would have to do is roll up your sleeping pad and you would have put everything away. Put it in a stuff sack like an Alp's Cyclone (a cyclone squeezes the sides not the ends) and hang it off the bottom of your pack.

You could probably rig it so the pad was also an air pump to inflate the air beams.

4:43 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I am digging into the idea of a tent that converts into a pack w/o getting too rediculous with it. A pack weighing around 4.5lbs that also doubles as your shelter could be done. With a bit of thought and common sense it could probably be done well at that.  Hmmmm....

4:51 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Rains alot here in the winter. Roll my sleeping bag up in a wet tent? I think not.

4:52 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

mikemorrow said:

Rains alot here in the winter. Roll my sleeping bag up in a wet tent? I think not.

You would have to design it so the tent inner is the pack inner. 

4:59 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,699 reviewer rep
1,307 forum posts

Rick, new topic time.... we have voted to close this thread due to the lameness of said product! haha

5:09 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Gee thanks. Honestly I agree. This thinking cap is causing it. 

Picture-4.jpg

Gotta admit, it could be a design idea that something better could be built on though. Pack-tent maybe lol. Uggghhhh my head is beginning to throb. 

5:51 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

Rick you forgot this:

flextrek.jpg

We need to contact the guys who built this. I'm sure they can come up with something. Probably a self inflating house.

For those of you who haven't seen this. Here's a link to the promotional video http://youtu.be/LlLNEzgXu0E

6:08 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Oh, the flextrek 37 trillion Augmenteon v-series lol or whatever its called. They have a whole series of videos. Pretty funny in some weird way.

I am actually wearing that hat for some of my next trip in the coming weeks.

8:32 p.m. on August 25, 2011 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

put some flashing lights in there, a neon sign, one of those dancing sign waving advertising kids and convince me that a simple small basic shaped tent in not better, then I might consider this.

12:30 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

I honestly wasn't trying to be a smart-ass, just didn't see anything particularly new or innovative about it. 

One observation though - is the idea that adding the word "system" to your product will increase sales a new thing? 

Now - "innovative" would be to make it a 4-man bivy/tent combo, with the "tent" portion serving as a central hub and 4 (or 6) "bivy" sections sticking out like spokes on a wheel.   That would catch my eye, and would qualify as a "system".  

KD

12:36 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
563 reviewer rep
286 forum posts

That horrible music on the site drove me away!

12:36 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

For The First Time Ever!

Use it as an interior Gear Storage when set up and a
Self Storing Sleep System when finished.

No longer do you pack your tent and sleeping bags separately.

I think this is why I'm puzzled.   The FIRST TIME EVER! "self storing" system is basically the same thing found on any jacket that packs into its own pocket, right?   And did I read that right - you're supposed to pack your sleeping bag into this thing?

And again, I keep getting this vision in my head of connecting a bunch of these things together like some giant Habitrail hamster community.

12:39 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

JimDoss said:

I agree the music made me mute my speakers.

4:28 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

I am digging into the idea of a tent that converts into a pack w/o getting too rediculous with it...

We had a UL guy in my scout troop in the 1960s who used a rainfly shelter, and somehow wrapped his gear in it and lashed the whole kit to a frame.   Pretty tight concept.

Ed 

9:32 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

JimDoss said:

You would think that an outdoor company would have the sounds of nature or something.

Honestly they must have spent a fortune on that idiot web site. I hate most Flash websites. This is a prime example of what not to do. The programers are trying to show off and it turns out stupid. Guys you don't have to use EVERY feature available. Thought I was playing a game.

I predict that you see something like this in Walmart. As Mike pointed out:

Roll my sleeping bag up in a wet tent? I think not.

Have a hard time convincing someone to do that. I hadn't thought about it when I made my suggestion. 

9:43 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
311 forum posts

Rough crowd!Ahhh but I do agree just another Wal Mart special.

11:02 a.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

yeepers, what an over-designed mess. 

The website is painfully over the top, with a confusing and bizarre visual interface. 

12:10 p.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
109 forum posts

But guys, it's a "system"!  hahaha

12:18 p.m. on August 26, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

LOl, ya know this is why I love  Trailspace so much.... HONESTY. I personally think the "system" leaves alot to be desired.. 

I am not even gonna touch on my feelings towards the site. 

5:09 a.m. on September 9, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hello gentlemen,

My name is Peter and I am inventor and co-owner of Outdoor Sleep Sysytems. The OSSbag. I thank you for your  honesty on our on our product and our website. We are a small Utah company looking to make the next quality outdoor brand. We were at the OR show in Salt Lake and response was great. We will be in Backpacker magazine 2012 spring gear review guide, we were picked up by several retaiers and verify this week from backcountry.com. We are  always looking to get better. We don't get all butt hurt by critique. Your comments help us evolve. We made these changes per feedback from the show, comments from our first shipment we sold and field testers.

We were tired of tents w/ too thin of material and too small in size. We would rather have a little more weight in exchange for durability and performance.  Most 2 man Lightweight tents are only 50" wide, ours is 58" W  canopy, 52" W. foot portion. 

We redesigned the patented gear storage so it has a compression sack design w/ sleeves on the outside of the storage for poles & stakes. No more straps. By dropping the buckles & straps on the gear storage and zippers on the front foot portion we dropped almost 1/2 llb. Packs up neat and clean. Two ways to pack it, three weights to carry it. ( on rainy, wet days:  if you stuff in your sleeping bag in first, then push in the foot portion next, then rainfly,  your bag(s) will stay dry. )

We added a vestibule on the back of the rainfly to cover the gear storage allowing full access to the gear storage while inside the tent.

Double stiched where mesh and pole clips meet

Reinforced and welded the corners, all heat taped sealed seams.

We are smaller right now and I know the website leaves something to be desired, but we are who we are and are. Right now we have to be web designers. We suck. I take due note to take the music off and we will have a cleaner spec page(s) soon.

We will have three models for spring 2012 the tent hybrid F1 one man 3.75llbs, F2 two man 4.75llbs and the all mesh top, fully domed, basic two pole design two man; called the G2 4.3llbs. OSS pod  four man in 2013.

We have had excellent reviews from backpackers, river runners, campers who have used our product in some extreme            weather. The motorcycle touring community also has loved the all in one concept. Sturgis next year. Our product may not be for everyone, but we will always be quality. I would rather go out of business than to be in wal-mart. I hope one day you might give some of our products a try. Let me know any other design you might use to go with the gear storage or change to make that would make OSS a piece of gear you would use and own. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Peter Woodruff

7:24 a.m. on September 9, 2011 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

JimDoss said:

I agree the music made me mute my speakers.

The entire site is very busy. Sound, motion, buttons, windows, etc. My wife, a graphic design/web designer, saw it and just said "Oh boy.' Perhaps, like the gear itself, simple IS better.

12:51 p.m. on September 9, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

PeterW said:

Hello gentlemen,

My name is Peter and I am inventor and co-owner of Outdoor Sleep Sysytems. The OSSbag. I thank you for your  honesty on our on our product and our website. We are a small Utah company looking to make the next quality outdoor brand. We were at the OR show in Salt Lake and response was great. We will be in Backpacker magazine 2012 spring gear review guide, we were picked up by several retaiers and verify this week from backcountry.com. We are  always looking to get better. We don't get all butt hurt by critique. Your comments help us evolve. We made these changes per feedback from the show, comments from our first shipment we sold and field testers.

We were tired of tents w/ too thin of material and too small in size. We would rather have a little more weight in exchange for durability and performance.  Most 2 man Lightweight tents are only 50" wide, ours is 58" W  canopy, 52" W. foot portion. 

We redesigned the patented gear storage so it has a compression sack design w/ sleeves on the outside of the storage for poles & stakes. No more straps. By dropping the buckles & straps on the gear storage and zippers on the front foot portion we dropped almost 1/2 llb. Packs up neat and clean. Two ways to pack it, three weights to carry it. ( on rainy, wet days:  if you stuff in your sleeping bag in first, then push in the foot portion next, then rainfly,  your bag(s) will stay dry. )

We added a vestibule on the back of the rainfly to cover the gear storage allowing full access to the gear storage while inside the tent.

Double stiched where mesh and pole clips meet

Reinforced and welded the corners, all heat taped sealed seams.

We are smaller right now and I know the website leaves something to be desired, but we are who we are and are. Right now we have to be web designers. We suck. I take due note to take the music off and we will have a cleaner spec page(s) soon.

We will have three models for spring 2012 the tent hybrid F1 one man 3.75llbs, F2 two man 4.75llbs and the all mesh top, fully domed, basic two pole design two man; called the G2 4.3llbs. OSS pod  four man in 2013.

We have had excellent reviews from backpackers, river runners, campers who have used our product in some extreme            weather. The motorcycle touring community also has loved the all in one concept. Sturgis next year. Our product may not be for everyone, but we will always be quality. I would rather go out of business than to be in wal-mart. I hope one day you might give some of our products a try. Let me know any other design you might use to go with the gear storage or change to make that would make OSS a piece of gear you would use and own. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Peter Woodruff

Dang, now you gotta respect that.  It's refreshing to see that a company is willing to listen to everything and anything we all (customers) have to say.  Not only that,  this company is small enough at this point that the owner is willing to address our input/criguite on our terms without apparent ego involved.  Though this item really did not peak my interest at first I will now go and look at it.  If this turns out to be a good, high quality product I may wait a while and pick one up (after many reviews and when they get the kinks worked out).  I hope that they make it, whether I like the product myself or not, as this is refreshing and the kind of thing we need to get our economy going.  I hope on the other hand they are not so sucessful that they are then swallowed up by larger industry and destroyed as has so often happened in the past to the companies that I truly love.

9:37 a.m. on September 10, 2011 (EDT)
153 reviewer rep
235 forum posts

I got to admit, I like a person who gives it to you straight and is willing to listen to criticism so he can evolve.  I'm a little too UL for his product, but I like his approach to doing business.

1:30 a.m. on October 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hello,

My name is Peter Woodruff, inventor and Co-owner of Outdoor Sleep Systems O.S.S. I thank you for your comments on our product. I was hoping you would look at our input about what our company really is about on the blog entry under our name. Your input is valued and helps us continue to improve. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Peter Woodruff

8:04 a.m. on October 2, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,145 reviewer rep
599 forum posts

Hi Peter. It is really nice to see an entrepreneur attempting to get feedback, both positive and negative, from its customer base about the product. If I could just make one suggestions- I would love to see a video on the website giving a tour of both the inside and outside of the system. No reggae music please. I personally would rather have the host of the video talk through why you have incorporated each concept and its benefits. I find it sometimes hard to grasp what you are looking at with just pictures, maybe I'm just slow though!

9:44 a.m. on October 2, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

PeterW- Welcome to Trailspace, glad to have ya aboard. 

I am headed out the door as I type this but I will definitely will be chiming in on the conversation in regards to your product as soon as I get back in 8 days.

12:17 a.m. on October 4, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Jake and Rick,

We are currently working on a better video with clearer explanation on our concept. Fixing up the website all together and to show new products coming. In short here it is until the website has been changed.

It started seven years ago. We have been camping in the Utah backcountry for 20+ years and wanted two things.

1) A lightweight, high quality, rugged product that can handle the extreme Utah weather swings that occur. 70 degrees one day, snow, rain and high winds the next. We liked the bivys, but bivy's are too claustrophobic for most people. The Ultralights were light but too thin and too narrow ( 50" w for most UL two man's ), snag or tear way too easy, leak if you barely touch the wall and or fail when weather got crazy. You can only drop so much weight before you start giving up things on the other end.

2) A high quality system that could simplify and solve. Something that could have everything needed for 1 or many nights in the outdoors.

So we came up with OSS. Never done before self storing tent. Basically we patented a compression sack sewn onto a tent w/pole/stake sleeves on the outside of the gear storage. When you are inside you access the extra storage space to put you shoes, camera, whatever. Above head hammock, side pouches and the gear storage gives everything its place and keeps things organized. When you are ready to pack up; the tent, rainfly, stakes and poles all pack up into one. Whats cool is that if you have a compressable sleeping bag and air mattress, then everything packs up into one Outdoor Sleep System. We wanted to put it on a tent design that had not been done before, so we domed a bivy on the head portion and pitched the foot portion for runoff. We launched this year, but have been 7 years in the making.

We will have three products coming for spring 2012. Tent/ bivy hybrd 1 man( F1 ) 3.75llbs, 2 man ( F2 ) 4.85lbs and the fully domed, basic two pole 2man ( G2 ) 4.2lbs. For 2013 we will have The four man OSS pod has octagon shape with four pitched foot portions coming out and the OSS pack we are working on with Goal Zero solar. Both are crazy and never been done before.

Thru the 70+ prototypes, the field testers and all the feedback we have learned a few things. Check your ego out the door if you want to succeed, listen, stay true to your mission/beliefs and pay it forward by turning success toward charitable efforts to make this world a better place. We want to be the next top quality brand. Thanks for the welcome and the input guys. Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Peter Woodruff 

7:02 a.m. on October 4, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

What kind of pad do you use? I don't think my self-inflating would work.

12:08 p.m. on October 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hello there,

We recomend the neo-air from thermarest. Self inflating does not work as well. The 2man could hold itself and one maybe two self inflating if they roll up, but not the sleeping bags. The more compressable the sleeping bags and air mattress the better the system works.

2:04 p.m. on October 5, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I dont think the Sleep System all in one idea is gonna fly to well. Maybe ditch the built in Compression idea(s). I think there are to many reasons people are not gonna want to compress their Bags and Pads with the Tent. Like others have said maybe a gimmick thet will do well at wally world. I can see an Ozark Trail tag on this and a nice check in your pocket.

I do think your design on the tent itself is intresting. I would like to see a version of the Tent with out the Compression sack built onto it.

Welcome to Trailspace and thanx for asking for our input. A good R&D needs to get input from those who might be intrested in their products.

7:14 p.m. on October 5, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

I can see where your design would save a lot of time packing up. You wouldn't have to roll up your bag, pad and tent separately and it would eliminate the bag and pad stuff sacks if you are using them.  

The problem I see with this is when the tent is very wet.  I would be worried that water would soak through the tent fabric when it was compressed and you would end up with a damp bag.

If I were you at a show, I would demonstrate putting the tent up wet.

2:20 a.m. on October 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Thank you and comments well noted. The first comment is very true, alot of people hike, backpack and camp different. Some pack the heavier weight toward the top of their pack for their accent and some like it in the middle around their hips the hole trip thru. Some pack their tent with nothing containing it, just stuffed right in their pack, same with the pads, and sleeping bags. Everyone has their way to organize their adventure, this my friend is an option. What we have learned thru all the research is so many people do their trekking different and that just having that extra space to store stuff while camping and the ease in which it all packs into itself( just the tent, rainfly, stakes, poles ); that has been the appeal. Our approach is W.I.F.D  Weight Innovation Function Durability and have all the product line fall along the self storing theme( backpack, flintjack pants, coat and sleeping bags ). Our commitment to quality is unwavering and a true appreciation for our product(s) comes when you need it to perform the most i.e the beefier fabric(  70D,210threadcount, 3000mm pu floor, fly and floor, ykk 5 zippers, 7001 aluminimum poles ). A Northface or Mountain Hardwear with these specs would retail at 299.99+. The older I get ( 42 now ) the more important it is to make a difference in this world thru humanitarian/ charitable work. I've done retail my whole life. ( furniture salesman currently. ) My kids are all older and I am taking one more shot at freedom to turn my time into a more impactful existence. I want to make a lot of money to give away alot of money. As noble as a cause can be you have to have a product that people want. I realize it may not be for everyone, but it is not done for a "get mine" quick buck.

On the wet tent, wet sleeping bag question I really hadn't considered it when we first made the F2. Thru feedback we have evolved to address this problem. The gear storage is waterproof and when done camping on a wet day, if you want to compress all into one, you simply stuff your sleeping bag(s) in first, then push the foot portion from the outside into the gear storage and that gives you a layer between your bag(s) and the rest of the tent and rainfly. If you are putting in your compressable air mattress(s) then  it goes bag(s), mattresses(s), footportion. We are here because we share a passion for the outdoors and we love gear. Going to places where you see no structures just endless landscapes. Finding the places where you can hear the quiet of Earth's soul. It's there we align with God's designs and we feel so humble and thankful for time. Cause this life is a gift and if you need a lift, simply go somewhere where nowhere's been. I'm off my friends to hit the road; do more product research and testing and try to make the dreram come true, see ya in two weeks. I wish you all good health and a safe journey.

Best Regards,

Peter Woodruff

2:20 a.m. on October 6, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Thank you and comments well noted. The first comment is very true, alot of people hike, backpack and camp different. Some pack the heavier weight toward the top of their pack for their accent and some like it in the middle around their hips the hole trip thru. Some pack their tent with nothing containing it, just stuffed right in their pack, same with the pads, and sleeping bags. Everyone has their way to organize their adventure, this my friend is an option. What we have learned thru all the research is so many people do their trekking different and that just having that extra space to store stuff while camping and the ease in which it all packs into itself( just the tent, rainfly, stakes, poles ); that has been the appeal. Our approach is W.I.F.D  Weight Innovation Function Durability and have all the product line fall along the self storing theme( backpack, flintjack pants, coat and sleeping bags ). Our commitment to quality is unwavering and a true appreciation for our product(s) comes when you need it to perform the most i.e the beefier fabric(  70D,210threadcount, 3000mm pu floor, fly and floor, ykk 5 zippers, 7001 aluminimum poles ). A Northface or Mountain Hardwear with these specs would retail at 299.99+. The older I get ( 42 now ) the more important it is to make a difference in this world thru humanitarian/ charitable work. I've done retail my whole life. ( furniture salesman currently. ) My kids are all older and I am taking one more shot at freedom to turn my time into a more impactful existence. I want to make a lot of money to give away alot of money. As noble as a cause can be you have to have a product that people want. I realize it may not be for everyone, but it is not done for a "get mine" quick buck.

On the wet tent, wet sleeping bag question I really hadn't considered it when we first made the F2. Thru feedback we have evolved to address this problem. The gear storage is waterproof and when done camping on a wet day, if you want to compress all into one, you simply stuff your sleeping bag(s) in first, then push the foot portion from the outside into the gear storage and that gives you a layer between your bag(s) and the rest of the tent and rainfly. If you are putting in your compressable air mattress(s) then  it goes bag(s), mattresses(s), footportion. We are here because we share a passion for the outdoors and we love gear. Going to places where you see no structures just endless landscapes. Finding the places where you can hear the quiet of Earth's soul. It's there we align with God's designs and we feel so humble and thankful for time. Cause this life is a gift and if you need a lift, simply go somewhere where nowhere's been. I'm off my friends to hit the road; do more product research and testing and try to make the dreram come true, see ya in two weeks. I wish you all good health and a safe journey.

Best Regards,

Peter Woodruff

10:56 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
7 forum posts

Hello There Everybody,

Got back from doing the field testing and the craziest thing has happened. We were product testing: hiking a little known river trail in Moab and we get to "thee" spot a couple miles in and discover a lone man already there. We engaged him in conversation and turns out he is on this adventure of a lifetime. He is riding his bicycle from Anchorage Alaska thru North America down to Mexico, then Panama and continuing on all the way to the end of South America ending up in Chile or Argentenia. Total time for the trip one year 4-6 months. Wow. He then tells us how his tent had just broke down and he was in the process of looking for a tent manufacturer to sponsor or donate a tent. We have been looking for a guy like this to run OSS thru its paces. What are the chances? Anyway he is off and if you want to follow his progress and see how the OSS F2 works for him his blog is bpc-devdub.blogspot.com. We will have a map to track him on our website and a link to his blog. Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Peter Woodruff

August 23, 2014
Quick Reply