2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

Neat color!

Nammatj.jpg

Available on the Nammatj line.

4:17 p.m. on August 30, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I like more earth toned gear. Granted the bright stuff does have its benefits as well( Emergency evac/rescue, etc.) I like blending into the scenery and not sticking out like a sore thumb. When I am on trail I set-up in places that are a good distance away from other people(or at least as far away as I can get lol.) 

I think the bright colors can be a great hinderence as far as encounters with people with sticky fingers when away exploring the surroundings.

4:27 p.m. on August 30, 2011 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
692 forum posts

It's actually a sand color, but the transition to the thread did not work out as well.  From what I understand, this is what they use in more arid environments.

4:50 p.m. on August 30, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I like it...

7:02 p.m. on August 30, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
910 forum posts

That is a nice color for any tent. 

Here's an idea.  Make the tent portion out of florescent orange. Make the fly out of nice brown/green colors. That way you have the best of both worlds.

7:21 p.m. on August 30, 2011 (EDT)
225 reviewer rep
1,194 forum posts

I've seen the sand color before on Staikas but I never owned one.  The green grows on you and it sure fits into the southern appalachians, whereas the red is super nice in the white snow.  I like how the red sometimes seems orange in certain light and at other times becomes a deep blood red. 

Ocalacomputerguy:  Long ago some savvy tent maker, probably a mountaineer, decided on making their inner tents with bright yellow canopies---and it stuck.  They sure brighten up an otherwise dank place on overcast winter days.  Hilleberg uses a nice yellow 40 denier fabric on their inners---a silky ripstop type of fabric.

September 23, 2014
Quick Reply