VIDEO: The Deam

9:07 p.m. on October 29, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

I took a small overnight kayak trip in Hoosier National Forest.  It was a good time had by one........ me. 

Enjoy!

10:50 p.m. on October 29, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
600 forum posts

Video isn't showing up for me.

12:08 a.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

WOW That is REALLY a nice trip report! I was riveted! Looks like you really had a great time!

12:48 a.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Really cool tr Arson. Nice to see ya out snagging up a bit of the trash. You are absolutely right about it being a good habit. I am always toting what I find on the trail out with me or at least to the garbage cans at the shelter sites on-trail.

This is making me want to get a GoPro Hero2 even more now. Awesome stuff. Thankyou for taking the time to put it together for us.

2:35 a.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

Smooth narationas if reading off a script; not the slightes bit of unfocused rambling.  You captured the pastorial no-rush vibe without putting us to sleep.

Ed

6:51 a.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Good trip report arson. Like Ed said it flowed..

8:10 a.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
600 forum posts

Wow, glad I got it to work. Really nice!

11:16 a.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

This is making me want to get a GoPro Hero2 even more now. Awesome stuff. Thankyou for taking the time to put it together for us.

Just do it. Gear heads don't hesitate....I love mine and cannot wait to report with it! Especially after Arson settning such a high bar!

1:18 p.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Yeah, we're gonna have to go big or go home if we want to keep the bar raised huh...

Once again good work on that tr Arson.

3:38 p.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Rick if you go pro let me know.I a'll buy your xp from you..LOL

5:09 p.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

I wish I had a go-pro.  I shot the whole thing on a Sony Handycam SX63 and a tripod.  I was just lucky it didn't fall in the water.

10:03 p.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Very cool Arson, thanks for taking us along on your trip and letting us see what it's like where you go.

Good narration and nice clean video to boot.

Your a good man for picking up some of the trash.

May you have many more great trips!

Mike G.

10:11 p.m. on October 30, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

Arson said:

I wish I had a go-pro.  I shot the whole thing on a Sony Handycam SX63 and a tripod.  I was just lucky it didn't fall in the water.

WOW! You are a brave man. But I did a vid for my friend today using some of the techniques you used. I just got my GoPro and cannot WAIT to kayak with it!

1:28 p.m. on November 1, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the video.  I sure had fun making it, and I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying it.  I want to see everyone elses Go Pro stuff once they go get them and start jumping off cliffs and shooting rapids and such.  I love watching those extreme videos where they strap a camera to their helmet and go for it.

3:27 p.m. on November 1, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

I had mine in the climbing gym last week to try it out but found that on the fisheye setting the video sucked so gonna try another this week. Also going to use it majorly the rest of the week through the weekend and put something up beginning of next week.

5:35 p.m. on November 1, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Arson, the SX63 is standard def? Your video looked like it could have been HD.

Mike G.

6:19 p.m. on November 1, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

I agree....it was so crisp and I assumed it was a GoPro on HD or a Contour!

6:49 p.m. on November 1, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

The SX63 is standard def.  I have an ibook from apple.  I use imovie 09' that came free with the computer.  After I edit the video my computer converts it to HD 720p for me before it uploads it to youtube.  Since I already had the computer I figured I would save some money when buying the camera and just get standard def.  It works for me.  I have a HD olympus tough camera and I shoot in standard def with that as well in order to get more video on my SD card and it uploads to my computer much faster.

It takes me twice as long to upload to the internet though because it converts it before it uploads.  I just hit "upload" and walk away for a while.

9:13 p.m. on November 1, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Thanks for the reply, this is something  am learning about myself.

I have a project going involving video but the learning curve, although fun, is slowing me down.

My Sony camcorder is HD and I am having to learn how to manage battery life & storage...plus editing, so your input is appreciated.

I can shoot in SD or HD but I don't have a good editing program yet.

thanks, Mike G.

10:16 a.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

I am using the iMovie as well and just figured some things out this last weekend ...really as a result of watching Arson's video. I was slowing myself down but some things clicked after that and I did a pretty quick video for a shop owner friend and shot in 1080p. It is slower but even that went fairly quickley. I use a 16 gig SDHD card and have plenty of space for what time my go-pro will last shooting. I also use the same card in my Canon 60d and shoot some short things there with no battery or space problems so far.

10:41 a.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

I love imovie.  I've been an apple guy for years.  For things like home movies and trip videos it's more than enough to make cool videos...... as long as you got the shots to edit. :)

3:27 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

Arson said:

I love imovie.  I've been an apple guy for years.  For things like home movies and trip videos it's more than enough to make cool videos...... as long as you got the shots to edit. :)

I am now known as iKaren at work because I have:

1) iPod shuffle

2) iPod 60 gig Classic

3) iPod Nano 3

4) iPod Touch

5) iPad 1

6) iPhone 4

7) MacBook Pro

It is a sick display of overkill, I know.....I need an iTwelve Step.

3:31 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

giftogab said:

I am now known as iKaren at work because I have:

1) iPod shuffle

2) iPod 60 gig Classic

3) iPod Nano 3

4) iPod Touch

5) iPad 1

6) iPhone 4

7) MacBook Pro

It is a sick display of overkill, I know.....I need an iTwelve Step.

....iWow !!!

3:41 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,601 reviewer rep
76 forum posts

icarumba!!!!

5:02 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

i-yiay yiay!

11:41 a.m. on December 11, 2011 (EST)