Riverboarding in the Ozarks?

5:45 p.m. on July 14, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I need a new hobby!  I'm 48 years old and very interested in getting into riverboarding before I'm too old to enjoy it and  I only wish I had known about it when I was much younger!  I live in NE Oklahoma and will make the trip to Colorado if necessary, but would like to know if anyone has heard of "fun" riverboard-able rivers in Arkansas or Missouri.  And when I say "fun", don't mis-understand just because I'm 48.  If I was close to the Gore Canyon in Colorado, I'd be there!  So I'm hoping someone has some good ideas!

6:43 a.m. on July 17, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi Vernon

Check out teamfli (dot) com (sorry this website won't allow me to use another web link in my message!) it is the only riverboarding website run out of the USA. I know there is riverboaridng in those areas, but being from half way around the world, I don't know the names of the rivers. 

Ask exactly the same question on that website and I'm sure some of the guys there will help you out.

PS, you're never too old to riverboard, the oldest person I've been on the river with was 82!

10:45 a.m. on July 20, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks, Baabaa...will do!

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply