2 Friends leave today to float/paddle the Yukon

10:02 a.m. on September 11, 2013 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,346 forum posts

They are starting in Dawson where for the last couple months they have been building a raft and plan to live on it for 3 weeks to as long a s they can till freeze up.

The-Dawson-Eagle-raft.jpg

Their "Dawson Eagle" fart, they built from scrap from a local junk yard. The hut has a old TV satellite dish roof. And its floats are old 55 gallon drums.

Yukon-River-and-the-Dawson-Eagle.jpg

The Dawson Eagle on the upper Yukon River.

2:37 p.m. on September 12, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
723 reviewer rep
945 forum posts

Gary, I wish them luck. I just got off the Yukon in Carmacks after paddling the Big Salmon. When we pulled out on September 4, it was very windy with some rain, and some sun. Although there were a few nice days, some of my Yukon friends said that they expect an early winter, payment for the hot, dry summer.

4:46 p.m. on September 12, 2013 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,346 forum posts

Looks like that around here too in SW Utah, its been a long hot summer. It been raining a lot the last few weeks here. I am looking forward to winter when its slow at work and I have more time to get outdoors again!

12:46 a.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,346 forum posts

They float/paddled down stream to Eagle AK getting there yesterday in a snow storm. Say they air leaving the raft till next spring then continuing down the Yukon River.

2:29 p.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,339 reviewer rep
431 forum posts

That looks like tons of fun…but I’m a little confused by the use of quotes…is fart part of the name of the vessel…or a type of water-craft I have never heard of?

6:09 p.m. on September 24, 2013 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,346 forum posts

I used the right letters in the wrong order to spell raft (fart) I seem to do that a lot when typing!?

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply