About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Egret at Malibu Lagoon

1:40 a.m. on March 26, 2010 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
34 forum posts

I believe this is an egret (correct me if I'm wrong) which is feeding in the pre-dawn Malibu Lagoon.

11:48 a.m. on March 26, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

Hard to say about the bird type, but I like the composition with the water foreground and the bird at the top showing perspective. Another fine photo Kendog, You are a good photographer, you should pursue it as a career or a passionate hobby. Is'nt photography fun? I have been shooting for over 40 years for fun.

7:16 a.m. on March 27, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

If it was all White it was a Great Egret most likely.If it was Grayish then it was a Great Blue Heron.

Very interesting shot and composition. You have taking it to an extreme that I have not seen before.

7:50 a.m. on March 27, 2010 (EDT)
100 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

If it was white it could also have been a Great White Heron, but based on the long length of the neck, posture, and the shape of the head I'd be inclined to say Heron, either white or blue.

Great white

Great Blue

Snowy Egret

10:36 a.m. on April 1, 2010 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
34 forum posts

Thank you, ornithologists! Yes, it appears from your descriptions that it was a great white heron. It was pretty big and I was surprised to see such a big bird in our local estuary.

5:03 p.m. on April 1, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

Great picture!

April 21, 2014
Quick Reply