Recipe: Vegetarian BLT (You gotta look!)

12:47 p.m. on March 13, 2010 (EST)
33 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

While my dad sits in his office mumbling under his breath because I royally messed up my website last night, I thought I would share this until he gets it all fixed so I can turn it on today :p

We have alot of fun finding new things to try. If you can find the main ingredient, please give this a try, most folks won't be disappointed.

Vegetarian Bacon Lettuce and Tomato
1 - Your favorite wrap, flap bread, or tortilla
2 - 2 Tbsp of Baconnaise (www.baconnaise.com)
3 - Several good crunchy large green or red lettuce leaves
4 - One Roma or Salad tomato

The Main Ingredients

Everything in it's place. Roll it up and CHOW DOWN! :D

1:07 p.m. on March 13, 2010 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
133 forum posts

Looks good. Welcome to Trailspace!

1:47 p.m. on March 13, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

Reminds me: one way-easy no-cook camping meal is to get a package of salmon or some other fish/meat product in one of those foil packages and wrap it in a tortilla. Not wonderful but no worse than most freeze-dried meals.

10:07 p.m. on March 13, 2010 (EST)
33 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

Reminds me: one way-easy no-cook camping meal is to get a package of salmon or some other fish/meat product in one of those foil packages and wrap it in a tortilla. Not wonderful but no worse than most freeze-dried meals.

Actually that's one of our favorite "fast" meals. We always have some kind of tortilla or flatbread around. Lots you can do with them...

Peanut Butter & Bananas, Tuna and Mayo, the list is endless

12:27 p.m. on April 1, 2010 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
67 forum posts

Well now I am going to have to go to the store and get some to try, thnaks for the idea

12:43 p.m. on May 7, 2010 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
67 forum posts

well I found it and yep taste like bacon... pig in a jar ... thanks for the find

RR

9:33 a.m. on May 8, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
573 reviewer rep
286 forum posts

Isn't that foil package a bit hard to chew through? :-)

11:13 p.m. on May 9, 2010 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
15 forum posts

well I found it and yep taste like bacon... pig in a jar ... thanks for the find

RR

Glad you enjoyed it. We've found a lot of uses for it and it's really not all that bad health wise.

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply