Hamburger/ Potatoes with gravy

1:52 a.m. on March 27, 2010 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

These recipes I posted on another forum and most of us are friends so please excuse the way I talk like you should know the other names I mention.

Mark and I made up a couple meals for lunch yesterday and it turned out pretty good. They were both actually the same meal but made with different kinds of dehyrated potatoes, one with sliced and the other with shredded.

Big meal for one
2cps water
1cp dehydrated potatoes
half cp gravel (dehydrated hamburger)
quarter cp dehydrated mushrooms
1pk of gravy mix
We just dumped everything but the gravy mix into the water and put it on the stove and brought to a boil. Once it reached a boil we turned off the heat and let it sit covered for 10 minutes so everything would re-hydrate. Next we stirred in the entire pkg of gravy mix and let sit another 10mins. and then salt/peppered to taste. Both were good with the one with shredded potatoes having the edge over the sliced ones. I think the reason that the shredded potatoes were a little nicer was because they did a better job of absorbing the water. Not so much better absorbtion but I'm thinking that because of the way they are cut there are more potatoes to a cup with the shredded ones. The sliced ones remained a little more soupy and adjusting the amount of water will correct this. We both decided that a little more seasonning would be a good thing, maybe some garlic powder and cajun seasoning. A few peppers if you want some zing

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply