Anzac Biscuits Recipe

12:41 p.m. on May 7, 2010 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
67 forum posts

I make these when I go into the back country or go hunting, they are great tasting, and give a good energy boost they also make for a great survival food. You can share them with your best 4 footed buddy or your two footed buddy, they are easy to make and light weight, It is the same recipe from WW1 it was my Great Gran's recipe, she made them for PopPop when he was in the Great war just one of those weird recipes that made it through the ages and into my hands

Enjoy RR

Ingredients:

4.5 oz butter

1tbsp golden syrup

2 tbsp boiling water

1 ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda

1 cup rolled oats

¾ cup desiccated coconut

1 cup flour

1 cup sugar

Directions:

Melt butter and syrup over low heat. Add boiling water mixed with soda Pour into mixed dry ingredients and mix well.

Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture onto a greased baking tray, leaving room for spreading. Bake in a preheated slow oven (150C/300F) for 20 minutes.

Cool on tray for a few minutes then remove to wire racks. Store in airtight container.

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply