Trailspace in the Sierra

9:21 p.m. on May 25, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

Here are a few shots of my TS hat on some trips last summer :).  This hat is now a standard part of my backpacking kit.

Kearsarge Pass, on the western edge of Kings Canyon National Park
IMG_0934.jpg

Getting scruffy after a few days in Kings Canyon NP.  On this trip someone actually asked me about Trailspace (having seen the hat).  Funny, this was the only time anyone has mentioned it on the trail.  Usually they're too busy commenting on "oh, wow, what a big pack you have" :-\
IMG_0859.jpg

on an 11K ft pass before the descent to Summit Lake in the Hoover Wilderness.  Dang, judging by this pic, that climb must have really been as tough as I remember it ...
IMG_0676.jpg

As the sign states :).  Note the hat is hanging from a belt loop, at the ready, for those "need a Trailspace hat NOW" moments :)
DSC_8501.jpg

The hat resting on a "natural hat rack", intentionally placed there to soak up the awesome alpine pine scent, at a campsite near Fontanillis Lake in the Desolation Wilderness.  OK, Fontanillis Lake is only around 8,300 ft, so it's not "alpine" (in the Sierra), but you get the idea :).
DSC_8312.jpg

There may be another pic or two when I find them ... and hopefully many more to come (I only got the TS hat last summer) ...

6:13 p.m. on June 21, 2012 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

cool. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the pack!!!

6:25 p.m. on June 21, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,347 reviewer rep
1,320 forum posts

Thanks! That pack is going into semi-retirement for the moment - the material is delaminating and some seams are coming apart.  Not bad for 35 years though.  I'm hoping to have Kelty recondition it when I have a chance to send it in, and then it'll probably last me another 35 years :).

7:29 p.m. on June 21, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,518 forum posts

Nice pics, Bill! Great use of the hat too!

12:44 p.m. on August 23, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
488 reviewer rep
1,087 forum posts

Good shots Bill! Just seeing them I can almost feel that Sierra sun.

December 20, 2014
Quick Reply