Trailspace goes to the Wind River Range

3:19 p.m. on August 24, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
26 forum posts

Here is a few pics of a trip I just returned from. Pics are of Mt. Washakie and glacier, Washakie Pass, and the upper Titcomb basin. A little smoke haze in Titcomb basin that day. Meant to take more sticker pics but was absent minded. Trip reports to follow hopefully.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

msmith

11:11 a.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,056 forum posts

Wow! That bottle has enjoyed some great views! I can't wait to read the trip report.

12:03 p.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,165 forum posts

This label business has reminded me of an interesting story that took place in Denver a few years ago.  I guy had concrete statues of the Seven Dwarfs in his front yard and one day "Dopey" was missing.  Six weeks later Dopey was returned to his place in the yard with an envelope of photos around his neck.  On his vacation he was photographed at the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone Falls, and Glacier NP among others.

12:22 p.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Ppine, that kind of reminds me of a happening here in my neighborhood. It is not uncomon to wake up and find "lawn mingos"(plastic flamingos) in ones yard.

They randomly appear in various areas in the yards here in the neighborhood. Then as quick as they appear they disappear to make their mark elsewhere.

5:48 p.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

I've actually done that before to a friend. We "borrowed" his lawn gnome and took it on a little vacation snapping photos of it with fun things as we went. Like you said, return it, ring the door bell and hide in the bushes to giggle.

It was on a music video once, the Foo Fighters if I remember correctly, and they used their whole video budget on flying it around. That's where I saw it first,although im sure it'd been done before.

3:18 p.m. on August 29, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

the traveling gnome idea has been done many times. It was also featured in the french film Amalie.

September 21, 2014
Quick Reply