Trailspace on Mount Washington

6:45 p.m. on September 25, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,202 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

A couple shots from a recent trip to New Hampshire and Mount Washington...

image.jpg

An awkward fashion statement but the back of my neck burns very easily, cap backwards adds to my street cred on the mountain...
image.jpg

image.jpg

View from the top of one heck of a beautiful mountain..

image.jpg

Post descent (sweaty and sore!)
image.jpg

Hats off to you NH, mostly cause the hat had to go through the wash after smelling it! It is hands down the best outdoorsy areas I've ever been to. My dad and I take 2 vacations a year there, one to ice climb and one to hike and just keep coming back for more. If you havn't been I highly recommend North Conway, NH, an outdoor lovers paradise!

12:28 p.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,056 forum posts

Great shots Jake!  It looks like you had unusually nice summit weather!

2:32 p.m. on September 26, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,053 forum posts

Very nice, Jake! I'm glad you get to come and explore the Presidentials. They're a fantastic area year round.

Looks like the weather was beautiful too.

1:25 p.m. on September 27, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Your shots remind me of the time I spent in the White Mountains... including a full summer there, some 35 years ago now (!!!).  I'd like to get back there to visit for some backpacking again. 

8:35 p.m. on September 28, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,202 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

The weather was ideal. A storm was threatening which you can kinda see in the one photo but it didn't come till we were down and in the bar at night. Best time for a storm!

Already planning my February trip to climb with IME!

8:44 p.m. on September 28, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

You were lucky!  I recall it being unusual to get ideal weather up there.

September 23, 2014
Quick Reply