Trailspace Ibex cap on the most epic journey of all time... The grocery store. :p

2:31 p.m. on October 28, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

So I took on the grueling endeavor of an epic journey to the grocery store.

With the fear of gloom and doom from the hurricane known as Sandy the grocery store can be quite a cantankerous place to successfully navigate.

My journey begins in the aisle known as the infamous "numero 13":

image.jpg

As you can see in the photo above I am quite optimistic and enthusiastic to be partaking on such an epic endeavor of this magnitude.

At the midway point(the grueling "aisle of soup") you can see that the terrain and obstacles(shopping carts) are beginning to take their toll on me by my facial expression(diminishing smile:)

image.jpg

And finally I summit the "frozen food aisle." Thank goodness I had my base layers on. Man was it cold. 

image.jpg

I cannot believe that I was successful in accomplishing such a monumental feat of this magnitude. 

I would like to thank my sponsor(my wife Tracey.) Without her none of this would have been possible. 

Happy hiking. :p

3:38 p.m. on October 28, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
827 reviewer rep
583 forum posts

No doubt, this epic journey surpasses the now mundane, bottled oxygen sucking, tourist centered, ladder/rope/elevator assisted, sherpa carries all your gear plus cooks all your meals, plus pitches your tent plus tucks you in plus wipes your butt, summit of Mt Everest!

12:47 a.m. on October 29, 2012 (EDT)
431 reviewer rep
24 forum posts

Hunker down and stay safe back there!

6:22 a.m. on October 29, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
2,487 reviewer rep
1,318 forum posts

you may get some snow out of this storm if you are indeed in Pittsburgh.  (i lived there for a  year, my wife is from there).  I'm hoping my overseas flight tomorrow lands in DC.

i humbly suggest you bring the ice axe for the freezer section in the future....you never know when you might have to chop a pint of premium ice cream out from the accumulated rime.

1:34 a.m. on November 4, 2012 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,313 forum posts

A truly epic adventure! :-)

3:43 p.m. on November 6, 2012 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
700 reviewer rep
3,157 forum posts

We're glad you made it back safely, Rick.

I imagine navigating the battery and bottled water aisles were a true testament to your fortitude and determination.

November 21, 2014
Quick Reply