Congratulations, bigger al!

12:06 p.m. on October 29, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,047 forum posts

image.jpg

Congratulations, bigger al! We’re sending you a Trailspace Trail Runner Cap as thanks for sharing a picture of your Trailspace sticker on your gear. We can’t wait to see more stickers-on-outdoor-gear pics from our members.

8:32 p.m. on October 29, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Congrats Bigger_al!

I think you will really dig the runner cap, I love mine and wear it all the time in the woods and around town. (Sorry I don't run much anymore)

Nice looking bottle too...what kind is it?

Mike G.

9:19 p.m. on October 29, 2012 (EDT)
431 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

I can't remember what brand the bottle is.  My wife works in a nice kitchen store, and I believe that she got four of them in different colors for each one of us in the family. I'll ask her when she gets home.

I haven't done much running in years.  Right leg broken in six places in 1988, and an all-metal artificial hip in 2008.  Tons of hiking, yes.  Running?  Not so much.  :)

Thanks to the nice people at Trailspace for the great swag, and for the finest gear site on the web!

11:05 a.m. on October 30, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

Cool! I love my hat....they re really nice!

8:02 p.m. on November 8, 2012 (EST)
431 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

I got my bitchin' new hat few days ago!!  Thanks again to the dedicated Trailspace staff who got this out to me in the middle of Hurricane Sandy.  We're lucky to have such fantastic people running this site!

We're getting some snow in the Sierras as I type this, and my snowshoes are out and ready for some work.  Not too sure my thighs are ready yet, but.......

I asked my wife about the water bottle in my images, and she said that it's just a generic aluminum bottle from Target.  It's given me great service for 4 or 5 years.

11:08 a.m. on November 17, 2012 (EST)
431 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

We're getting ready to go up country for some snowshoeing, but it's raining at 6,500 feet.  Might not be any snow left.  :(  Slushshoeing isn't nearly as much fun.

9:58 a.m. on November 20, 2012 (EST)
431 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

My wife and I only did about 5 miles on the South side of the PCT trailhead at Boreal, CA, before turning back.  It's been a warm Winter thus far, and there's not yet enough snow covering the narrow, rocky sections of the trail to be comfortable with. 

Naturally, I left my cool new Trailspace hat in the truck, but at least my tried-and-true water bottle made the cut.

image.jpg

September 1, 2014
Quick Reply