Plumas Nat'l Forest

8:51 p.m. on March 4, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

ZPacks-Radius-20-016_opt.jpg
Another snow camping trip close to home.  Light rain overnight.  Using my old Radius 20 to melt snow for drinking and fixing a pasta dinner.

ZPacks-Radius-20-017_opt.jpg
Looking to the left a little.

ZPacks-Radius-20-019_opt.jpg
The Radius 20 cooking dinner.  Runs nice and blue, simmers very nice.

7:57 a.m. on March 5, 2013 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
411 reviewer rep
1,042 forum posts

Great picture! The pine needles and the snow must smell amazing!

10:11 a.m. on April 2, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,011 forum posts

Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing them, Duane.

4:01 p.m. on April 2, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

Warn't nothing, but thank you.

Duane

4:46 p.m. on April 2, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Duane, I hate have to be the one to tell you, but all that melting snow yer doin' has caused some wicked heavy rains here back East!

Yesterday it just dumped buckets..... I am afraid we are gong to have to ask you to curtail melting some of that snow pack,  or tax and fee you for each of them 47 camping antique stoves you carry around in the wilderness :-)

I see the HD sticker and the TRAIL SPACER STICKER and wonder what stickers are on the other side of that shovel. And oh ya, we will fee and tax that shovel too since it's used to melt snow....... LOL

Oh I know a tax stamp sticker ;-)

One day I would like to see a pic of all the stoves you can fit in a photo.

I get into museum like collections OTHER people have.

9:44 p.m. on April 2, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

Lodge Pole,

Only the two stickers on the shovel for photo ops.  Yes indeed, my running all my old stoves on the weekends and my bp trips is causing global warming.  I'll take the blame.:)  I'll see if I can get a good pic of most of my stoves, they are on two sides of my garage.  Suitcases on one shelf on one side, the brassies and other bp stoves on shelves on part of the other side.  I only have 5 suitcases I believe, my list is at home.  Only two need some repair to the fount/tank.  I'd rather be bping than car camping.  Most trips I take 2 or three stoves to get some use out of them, but on my vacation trips, just one stove for a lighter pack, my Caldera Cone at the moment.

Duane

9:57 p.m. on April 2, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Thanks for the laugh, I got a good one... You have more stoves than I guessed.. it did dump buckets of rain yesterday afternoon (serious, when it was over the air smelled like trout, not sure why) The old , new to me tent I am testing checked out great. There was a slight problem, but that was to be expected. I will find that little minor leak.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply