Smith Peak, Yosemite National Park

12:56 a.m. on April 22, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

They're a bit hard to see clearly in this (no tripod, "sit the camera on a rock") shot, but there's a Trailspace Cap and a Trailspace Sticker (on the water bottle) :).

This is from dinnertime on a weekend backpacking trip this weekend to Smith Peak in Yosemite.    I had a great site right on top with magnificent vistas all around!  It was a great trip, notwithstanding the large rodent which kept waking me up all night trying to steal my stuff.

Usually I hang everything "stealable" from a tree (or bring it into my tent) to prevent such thievery, but didn't this time for several items I suspected to be laced with poison oak, as I didn't want to handle them, and certainly didn't want them in the tent.  In the end, the rodent got a prize of one gaiter (I looked and looked but never found it).  But I rescued my shoes & trekking poles before they disappeared too...

And I even got to try out the micro spikes I bought this winter, but hadn't had a chance to try yet, climbing up the snow slope on the summit cone.

_DSC0891.jpg

10:35 a.m. on April 22, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,055 forum posts

Great picture Bill! It looks like you managed to get a Trailspace hat AND a Trailspace sticker in the same shot!

11:41 p.m. on April 23, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

I've finished my snow camping for the season, on to Spring bping.  Nice view up there.

Duane

12:16 a.m. on April 24, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Duane, me too ... most likely ... I'm ready for a season of backpacking.

How's this for a campsite view!!!  (this was my site atop Smith Peak)

_DSC0897.jpg

8:55 a.m. on April 24, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
262 forum posts

Ah man!  I tend to set up for shelter, then after all is done, realize I didn't go for the view most of the time.  Doh!  I'll see if I can work on that this year.

Duane

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply