Help with sizing my steep tech

5:54 p.m. on December 22, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Hello world:

I recently acquired an access steep tech with no size tags on it. I suspect it is a size large but I'm not too sure. Would anyone kindly compare measurements with me if they have a similar jacket?

Shoulder to bottom (front) - 29"

Armpit to armpit - 25"

Shoulder to cuffs - 24.5"

Shoulder to shoulder - 21.5"

Thanks so much everyone.

6:56 p.m. on December 22, 2011 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

Size is really relative in your instance. Too big is too big, too small is too small, and just right is just right. (Got that from a blond haired child I know) If you know your regular size, try it on and compare it to how your other jackets fit. If it's way too small, have a smaller friend gauge the size. If you're in need of the size in order to sell it, you're not going to get top dollar (or even close) without tags.

10:56 p.m. on December 22, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Thanks klock! 

It's enormous on me. It feels two sizes bigger than what I normally wear (small/medium). I was hoping to put it up for a size-down trade in the Spring because it really is a lovely jacket. I just want to be able to be honest with anyone who is interested. 

It'll sit comfortably in my closet until then. I'm new to technical wear and appreciate the advice.

November 24, 2014
Quick Reply