7 summits project 2006

11:16 a.m. on January 6, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

My wife brought home a tnf vest the other day. I have a couple of other similar vests but this one is a little different. The vest has a 7 summits project 2006 tag. It also has some Russian insignias on it. One is a patch that looks like Russian flight wings, then near the standard 700 on the front it has another Russian patch with the hammer and sickle. I'm just curious about any differences between this and other tnf vests. I would be interested in selling it as it is only a large and I need at least one x if not two x. Any info would be helpful, I'm not sure how much to sell it for or if it is something to hold onto as a collectors item. Thanks for any help u guys can offer. Mark

12:56 p.m. on January 6, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,460 forum posts

Could you post a pick of it?

1:58 p.m. on January 6, 2012 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,251 forum posts

Without seeing a photo, I would guess that this is something modified and sold by the Russian 7 Summits Club. This organization guides the 7 Summits at a bargain price. Actually, "guides" is an overstatement. They handle the logistics of getting to the mountains and let you pick your ropemates from among the group. They are NOT authorized to guide Denali (there are currently 5 guide services that are authorized for Denali).

Here is one of their tents at the old High Camp on Mt Vinson in Antarctica, taken in 2006. It is a TNF tent (or else an exact copy). They had left several tents standing at High Camp, contrary to the rules about leaving caches and gear unattended. Now that meant that a party coming to the camp would not have to carry a tent, since one was already in place.....

Antarc649SevenSummTent.jpg

12:35 a.m. on January 7, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
24 forum posts

In 2006 TNF produced several clothing items (ie.hats, vests, day packs, soft shells) commemorating the the 7 highest peaks on the 7 continents.  These include Kilamanjaro in Africa (5,895 m/19,453 ft), Denali in North America (6,194 m/20,440 ft), Elbrus in Europe (5,642 m/18,619 ft), Aconcagua in South America (6,962 m/22,975 ft), Carstensz in Oceania (4,884 m/16,117 ft), Vinson in Antartica (4,897 m/16,160 ft), and Everest in Asia (8,850 m/29,205 ft). Your vest is a Nuptse model commemorating one of the peaks, I'm guessing Elbrus. As far as values go? I have yet to see one sell above original retail on Ebay, yet they do not come up very often. Some Summits may be more valuable than others as I have not seen all 7 listed. There is a 7 Summits hat currently on Ebay that has been listed 3 times without selling if that is any indication;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-North-Face-Seven-7-Summits-Hat-Carstensz-Pyramid-Black-/170758776775

12:31 p.m. on January 7, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

You def know your tnf products. It does have Elbrus and the elevation on the back inside. I didn't think it had been modified, the work is too clean and it has a seven summits tag at the neck. It's a very nice vest, just a little small for me. If anyone is interested please let me know. Price is negotiable. Thanks for the info I knew u guys would know. Mark

9:28 p.m. on January 7, 2012 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,460 forum posts

I may be if I could see a pic

5:37 a.m. on January 8, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
606 forum posts

I'm in the woods for the weekend. I'll post some pics when I get home. I'm gonna be late getting home Sunday so it will probably be Monday before I can get any pics taken. The vest is grey with a burnt orange/red lining. If it fit I would never sell it,but it is a little too tight.

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply