North Face Sleeping Bag (Superlight - Down Bag)

9:20 p.m. on March 1, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
30 forum posts

I had two of these sleeping bags.  Doug, on this forum just bought one of them. He received it via US Postal Priority Mail today and sent me a message, "Awesome Bag".

I am now offering the second (last) one for sale.

Blue exterior, gray interior, about twelve years old, regular size, mint condition 550 fill Goose Down sleeping bag.  I thought it was rated down to 5 degrees F but on a discussion on this board a while back other thought it was rated to only 10 degrees F. It weighs THREE POUNDS.  The fill is all Goose Down - no mix of duck/goose or whatever. Cost is $90. and that includes PayPal fees and ground shipping in the continental US. The bag, like most new ones, is make from nylon cloth and thread so if stored properly it does not loose it's tensile strength over time. Included is the large North Face cotton storage sack so the bag can be stored "loose", which preserves the loft and efficiency of the down fill. I have always stored it that way in my house - temperature and humidity controlled. I do not have the stuff sack that came with it to use to carry it on the trail. After the last use I paid a small fortune to have a specialty dry cleaner clean this bag using the chemicals designed for cleaning down bags. I know it sounds like a corny sales pitch but this bag was slept in 13 times (thirteen nights). Of course it has the down filled bafel down the zipper and there is a drawstring cord to close the bag around your head in cold weather - with only your face (or part of it!) exposed.  This is a really good deal for a very well made sleeping bag. Bill / Wilmington, NC.

8:16 p.m. on March 7, 2012 (EST)
43 reviewer rep
107 forum posts

Bill,

I'm leaving on my trip this Saturday(3-10).

If I get back and you have not sold the bag. I may be intersted.

Yes I'm taking the other TNF Bag, I got from you. 

Thanks again.

Doug

PS.. Please someone buy his Sleeping Bag so I don't....

My wife would appreciate it. ;-)

11:23 a.m. on March 8, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
30 forum posts

Doug,

I hope you enjoy the North Face Superlite bag.  Just be sure it's packed so if it rains or snows it will stay dry!  Goose down isn't worth a nickel if it's wet!

I have sold a few things here on Trailspace but to my surprise the interest in my sleeping bags has been low so I will probably have it when you get back. Just let me know - but the one listed for sale now has no "extras" as the first one you bought had and you will need to buy a stuff sack to use carrying it in the field.

It does come with the North Face large cotton bag for storing it at home so it's not compressed - therefore the down is preserved for efficiency/long life.

When you get back from your trip I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on the bag you bought from me.

Cheers, Bill 

6:24 p.m. on March 20, 2012 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
107 forum posts

Bill,

The bag worked GREAT!! Only got down to 35 degrees Far.

cotton/silk liner and a tshirt nice and toasty

I can NOT believe you have not sold it yet....

You want paypal or a Money Order??

Please ship to the same address as before.

Will send along agin with the payment choice..

Everybody screwed up here...... GREAT bag for the money...

6:23 a.m. on March 21, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
30 forum posts

Doug,

Glad you liked the sleeping bag!  Just a reminder - the second one does NOT have a stuff sack to carry it in when out in the field with the bag.  It does have the large NF cotton bag to store it loosely in when not using the bag.  And - no extras :) !  $90. shipped to you. Can I use US Postal Service Parcel Post for this delivery - it will be insured but if will take a few days longer in transit but save me some money on the shipping. Let me know, and thanks, Bill.

6:26 a.m. on March 21, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
30 forum posts

Oh Yeah Doug,

If you are not in a hurry to get the bag then a personal check is fine.  I'll let it clear and then ship the bag.  If you use a money order a US Postal Money Order is the preferred type.  PayPal will take 3% - I use them a lot but as I said if you are not in a hurry a check or money order is best.  If you do have a trip where you need the bag soon then use PayPal as it's the fastest of these methods of payment.

Bill

9:54 a.m. on March 21, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

My word, how did I miss out on this one! Great snag, doug! 

2:23 p.m. on March 23, 2012 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
107 forum posts

Money Order sent today. I'm in no hurry send part. POST is fine..address. with MO.. Thanks again.

5:49 a.m. on March 30, 2012 (EDT)
43 reviewer rep
107 forum posts

Bill,

I got the sleeping bag yesterday. I opened and layed it out. Looks GREAT!!!

My nephew had a fire in their apt. so I am giving him this bag and the extra in this one.  Thanks agin.

He will use it alot.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply