9:18 a.m. on March 31, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Anybody got one to sell? Let me know. Thx

10:29 p.m. on April 1, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
515 forum posts

Greetings,

I have one. No mildew or musty odors. No softening or stickiness of the coated fabrics. In very good condition, this is a Himalayan Hotel that has not had a lot of use. I purchased it from a Canadian several months ago and have used it a couple of times car camping in Rocky Mountain NP.  The only negative (if it is one) I can report is the coated floor and rainfly have a crinkly sound to them which I suppose is the result of aging. I raised this topic in the gear repair forum:

Greetings,

I have just recently purchased a TNF Himalayan Hotel and have noticed that both the coated floor and rainfly materials seem very crinkly and sort of stiff. As if it just came out of a freezer. Sounds crinkly as well. Unlike with a new tent where the coated fabric is more soft, supple and quiet. The tent was manufactured in the late 90's or early 2000 and I am wondering if this a normal matter in the aging process of coated fabrics? Or, if this is due to improper care? It is not an issue with the uncoated, breathable canopy of the tent proper which has remained soft and very flexible. Finally, I'm curious if there is any means or treatment which may be applicable and lengthen the longevity of the coated area's. Thanks for your kind consideration!  - Norm

There are no other observations to report. All and all I think it is a great tent. If I were to sell it, my asking price would be $650.00.

10:03 a.m. on April 9, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
515 forum posts

I have continued using the Hotel and have decided not to part with it. -NK

12:32 a.m. on May 23, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,248 forum posts

Hi, My guess is that you will be hard pressed to find a Hotel as it's been out of production for so long.  I'm not sure what your using it for but recently the Armed forces contracted with TNF and made the ECWT for it's service personnel.  This tent was very much like the Hotel in size and construction, in fact if memory serves me correctly it was based on the exact same foot print with a very large vestibule up front and a smaller one in back.  The TNF ECWT was purported to have withstood 107mph winds in the field.  After that contract was up they went with Eureka who made the same tent in a some what lighter version that had only the front vestibule and was made with some what lighter materials, still an awesome worthwhile tent that I feel is better made then the Hotels.  Both can be had on a somewhat regular basis on EBay with the Eureka usually being more available.  I own two of the TNF and three of the Eureka's as well as two Hotels.  Of all the tents the best one is the TNF ECWT if your looking for the most stout, it weighs a ton........41 lbs I think.  Both version can also be used in a configuration of setting up the tent and if you have extra poles the fly can be set up as separate structure.  If you look at my picts I'm pretty sure I've posted some here on TS but it very well might be easier to just Google them.  Try to not fall for the high prices that you will find on web sites when you Google them as the usually sell for around $350-$600 on EBay depending on the time of year and condition. 

May 29, 2017
Quick Reply