For SALE: Steep Tech Jacket + Gear. Very RARE

11:51 a.m. on August 30, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

The Steep Tech (ST) Series by The North Face represents the culmination of design in functionality, durability, comfort, and versatility in the skiining and climbing gear. It was designed to withstand the most extreme conditions and handle any amount of abuse without sacrifice one bit of performance. It was designed to show the commitment of the North Face Company to the world of serious mountaineers and extreme skiers. They hired a renown extreme skier Scott Schmidt to design the Steep Tech gear and speared no expense in doing so. The final design was modified 2 times prior to the final series of 1997. The 1997 final version of the steep tech gear still represents the most expensive gear (to manufacture) ever designed by the North Face. It was so expensive to make that the company had to abandon this design in a favor of a more simplified version that came out around 2000. It was more of a skiing gear than anything else and did not resemble the original idea behind the Steep Tech series. What you see today at the ski stores nationwide is a strip down version of the 1997 collection (but at a lower price) designed with a budget materials and functionality; however, it is destined to target a different group of people that would pay for the popularity of the Steep Tech rather than for its function and durability.
Anyway, I am offering you to acquire the best and most expensive Steep Jacket ever made by TNF. It is of those last 1997 series that was sold out in NY even before the beginning of the skiing season.
This particular jacket is extremely rare as it comes with the climbing harness designed specifically for it. Unlike any other harness, this one can be worn INSIDE of the Jacket/pants as it utilizes the openings/loops of the jacket to allow clipping to the rope. This is a perfect jacket for extreme skiing/Hell skiing where you require to have a harness for your ascend or rescue by the helicopter. The harness was designed by the famous Metolius brand and has a Steep Tech logo on it (same as on the front of the jacket),
It also comes with in Medium size, features 3 front zippers. It is Black, Grey, and Yellow.
Now, about the front pouch: Everyone wants one as it the idea is great. Chest is the safest and most convenient place to carry your gear. The latest modes also feature one and both pouches are almost the same. However, they can't be more different in the practicality. How? Well, convenience of storing your ipod, camera, radio, cell phone, sunglasses, map, and energy bars in the pouch is great. However, skiing downhill (or even moving around with all this gear in the pouch that is clipped to your front is horrible. The loaded with gear pouch will pull the front of your jacket, it will also rattle from side to side, and even more so when the jacket is not zipped all the way up. Therefore, the pouch that you see on today's jackets is NOT very functional for skiing (although it does look good).
The pouch that was designed by Scott works in a different way: in addition to the clips, it features the zipper and the internal harness. The harness is attached from each corner clip (on your chest) inside of the jacket through a series of strategically placed loops. When you zip the jacket on, you will feel that the harness hugs your body from the back, over your shoulders, and from the front. Therefore, no matter how heavy the pouch is, it will NEVER the front of your jacket as the weight is supported on your shoulders inside of the jacket. Think of it as a backpack that you carry on the front with the harness hidden inside. This is an INGENIOUS design. You can unzip all 3 front zippers and the pouch will remain pressed firmly against your chest.
The 2 way Zippers on this jacket are NOT under the arms, but extend from the chest toward the arm. This allows a much faster cooling, especially when combined with the zippers on the back. There is no other jacket that can achieve a better comfort zone in the shortest amount of time.
Unlike the current version, the side pockets are lined with warm, brushed material. The outer shell is not a Hyvent, but a bombproof shell that will outlast any other hi-tech gear. I can go on, but I assume that if you are reading this, you are already aware of the Steep Tech. If that is not the case, feel free to ask me any questions.
The retail of this jacket is $599 (10 years ago!!)
To complement this jacket I will include the original and very rare Steep tech gear from the same series:
-Fleece hat - ergonomically designed to cover your ears with a nylon top to protect from snow, and a back strap for your goggles. The Steep Tech logo is on the front. (Retail: $125)
-Baseball wool hat (black) with a suede brim. Adjustable on the back to fit all sizes. This a nice hat to ski with on the warmer days with your sunglasses, or while getting to your destination. The Steep Tech logo is on the front. (Retail: $75)
-Ski gloves (Size S/M; black) with gauntlet to protect your wrists. This is a no-compromise glove made of a Ballistic nylon, with leather palms, Gore-Tex liner, and brushed fleece inside. Each has a long strap cord with the end clips to strap it to your jacket. There is a removable 100 Polartec fleece liner with the suede re-enforcement inside. Both liners and the gloves feature a Steep Tech Logo. (Retail: $250)
-Ski Sling -- made of ballistic nylon (black) This is a lo-profile, padded ski strap that allows you to strap your skis and carry them on the back (even with the backpack). The strap is joined on the front with a karabiner. The Steep Tech logo is on the front. (Retail: $175)
Let me know of any questions.

I am selling everything for $799 Shipped.

2:54 a.m. on September 10, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

you wouldnt even get that price on ebay

10:51 a.m. on October 22, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

hey ums...can you email me pictures at jefforaixd@yahoo.com

lets work at a good price please.

10:20 p.m. on December 14, 2006 (EST)

Did you manage to sell your steep tech items?

4:35 p.m. on January 16, 2007 (EST)

has this been sold, if not i will take this off your hands... also do you have any pics?

1:48 a.m. on January 21, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

What size you wear Phillipe

2:00 p.m. on February 12, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

please email me at wannabettz@aol.com with pics of the hat.
Thanks

12:26 p.m. on February 13, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

The gear is still available; however, the baseball cap is on hold. I can certainly take some pics over the weekend. Please send me your e-mail address.
Please note that the price is firm for this unique gear.
If you are in the NY area, we can meet so that you'll have a chance to expect the gear in person (preferred).
Feel free to ask me any questions: max_mirosh@ml.com

1:59 p.m. on February 20, 2007 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
4 forum posts

Is it still available please email pics to marb00gie@yahoo.com

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply