SOLD - TNF High Angle Search & Rescue Jacket - Large

11:27 p.m. on October 20, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Once upon a time, The North Face made bombproof equipment more suited for a cliff-face than a street corner; I believe the High Angle jacket from the 1997/1998 "Search & Rescue" line to be among the finest products that TNF has ever produced.

This High Angle Jacket in high visibility lemon and black is constructed of Gore-Tex 3-Ply fabric, combined with Kevlar reinforced high abrasion areas (shoulder and underarms) that make this jacket virtually indestructible. It features two large chest pockets, two inner mesh water bottles pockets, one inner radio pocket (intended for the the large Motorola radios), and extra large pit zips for ventilation. It also features a cinch-able hood and waist, and a forearm pocket on the left sleeve. The sleeves have fully integrated powder cuffs and there is a inner stretch waterproof collar that seals out practically everything. There are no rips or tears on this jacket, although it does have a few areas of discoloration (mostly on the hood) that largely do not detract (I haven't tried cleaning it). I would conservatively rate as "good/very good" on the "poor/good/very good/excellent/never used" scale for cosmetics and excellent for structural integrity.

I was the original purchaser back in 1997 (from Bob Smith's Wilderness House in Boston), but it hasn't been out of it's cinch sack (yes, it has it's own bag) since 1999 or so. I recall paying in the $700 range for it(!). My price is negotiable (say $350), but there probably aren't many of these left.

Email for pictures

Rob

10:01 p.m. on October 21, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts
Re: FS: TNF High Angle Search & Rescue Jacket - Large

The jacket is sold; thanks everyone for your interest.

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply