TNF High Angle vs. TNF Mountain Patrol

5:22 p.m. on November 10, 2008 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Can anyone reminisce on the differences btw the High Angle shell and the Mountain Patrol shell? It seems the Mountain Patrol had more pocket features and such (as I recall but I could be wrong) but was the lesser in value. Not sure why that was.

I'd like to find one or the other in a Men's XL size, hopefully in great condition. Not sure which yet, or whether I'd care.

One thing I can't stand is how so-called modern "high alpine" jackets place their vertically-zipped "Napoleon" chest pockets waaaaaay out near the armpits. Can't get a long arm bent enough to get in them, and of course can't bring the right arm over to the left pocket and then do a 180 to get in there either. The right place to put the vertical pocket entry is close to the sternum, so that right hand can easily get into left pocket and vice versa. If I remember correctly, both of the North Face SAR jackets back in 1997/98 had it right in this respect. (But again my memory could be off.)

August 1, 2014
Quick Reply