About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

WTB Original Ring Oval Intention

2:58 a.m. on January 8, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

I would like to buy a ring oval intention (taupe, gold and brown) to replace my original tent which was damaged by a friend (washed it!). TNF has said my tent isn't repairable and gave me a big discount on a newer VE-25 which is a good tent but NOT my Oval. I am returning to the BWCA in July and would love to return with an oval. I have a complete set of poles and rainfly so if you are missing pieces we might still be able to work something out if the basic tent is servicable.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1:49 a.m. on January 15, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Hey,  Sitting here staring at your post wondering if I should reply as I do have a OI ring tent body.  Didn't think I'd ever consider lettting it go but maybe.  It's in great shape one patch in the bottom (prof sewen patch and then sealed).  All the zippers work,  I think all the mesh is in tact but I'd have to make sure.  Used but not abused.  The Fly delaminated and I started using the very well used poles on another tent.  Anyway.  If your interested and we could come to some aggrement.  I could take it out and double check things an take picts.  Oh, Yea,  I bought it in 1976-77.  It's Yellow and Tan with a blue floor. They came in a # of different color arrangments.  The rain fly was blue.  Never have a blue fly, as I now understand where the term the having the blues came from as I was tent bound in Lake Tahoe in the rain for a week.  So, again not sure I wnat to part with but maybe.  I'll check back and give you my mail if your still interested.  Brian 

10:34 a.m. on January 15, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Yes Brian, I am interested. While my tent had the brown floor (and I much prefer it) The blue would be acceptable. I have everything except the tent shell so this could work for us both. Please take a good look at what you have and get back to me. Also include your asking price once you have determined the actual condition. Thanks - Chuck

9:01 p.m. on January 16, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Hi Chuck,  We should prob figure out a way to talk by phone.  I hesitate putting my phone # in a public forum.  If you want to leave me your email address I can then give you my # then we can talk.  thanks Brian

8:38 a.m. on January 17, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

chuck at rossaugust dot com

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply