About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Are there any backcountry sites along Lake Superior between the Big and Little Carp River?

8:10 a.m. on September 12, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I am planing a trip to the Porcupine Mountain State Park.  I know that there is backcountry sites East of the Big Carp River, but do not know if there are any sites that are along Lake Superior, West of the mouth of the Big Carp.

8:45 p.m. on September 18, 2011 (EDT)
14 reviewer rep
33 forum posts

I believe that there is.  My wife and I camped there years back and I recall staying at a super nice spot on the lake maybe a few hundred yards west of the Big Carp.  I remember that there was a large firepit and some really cool rock chairs.  I also remember jumping off a small bridge over the Big Carp and it was brutally cold.  I recall filtering water out of Lake Superior and it tasted kind of funky.....so I suggest filtering from a creek or the river.  Yeah man, that place is rad.  We've lived in MT for the last 5 years, and the porkies are still one of my favorite places......especially in fall & early spring when the rivers are raging.  Have fun! 

8:06 a.m. on September 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Thanks for the info.  I am super excited to get back up there.

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply